A long white protective garment worn by doctors, hospital attendants, and laboratory workers.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- He looked up to see a doctor in a long white coat walking towards him.
- The white coat of one of the medics is spattered with blood.
- Nurses and doctors in white coats were running in and out of rooms, while still trying to maintain quiet around the waiting room.
men in white coats
- humorous Psychiatrists or psychiatric workers (used to imply that someone is mad or mentally unbalanced): I think the men in white coats will be calling soonMás ejemplos en oraciones
- They'd probably have rung the men in white coats to take me away.
- She even squeezed out a slim book on the subject before the men in white coats came for her.
- The father becomes enraged at the son and has to be dragged away himself by men in white coats.
For editors and proofreaders
División en sílabas: white coat
Definición de white coat en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda