(also white coat syndrome)
sustantivoMedicine , • informal
- A syndrome whereby a patient’s feeling of anxiety in a medical environment results in an abnormally high reading when their blood pressure is measured.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Hypertensive disease complicates nearly 10 percent of pregnancies in the United States, with white coat hypertension affecting an additional 30 percent of patients.
- In addition, blood pressure measurement is only intermittent, and white coat hypertension might confound results.
- More patients in the home group were able to discontinue antihypertensive medication, presumably because patients with white coat hypertension were identified.
Más definiciones de white coat hypertensionDefinición de white coat hypertension en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional