- (Of a sailing ship) unable to sail because of extreme or contrary winds.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Sometimes, when we were windbound, the fo'c'stle was scrubbed as white as a hound's tooth.
- I was windbound on the lengthy sweep of a beach at Lumsden for six days due to strong, gusting, offshore winds.
- Planning for extra food and windbound days is especially important in the outer exposed islands such as Outer Island and Devil's Island.
Más definiciones de windboundDefinición de windbound en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional