Definición de winter moth en inglés:
A moth that emerges in the winter, the female of which has only vestigial wings. It was formerly a major pest of fruit trees.
- Several species in the family Geometridae
Oraciones de ejemplo
- A 23-year study of great tits and winter moths at one site in the Netherlands revealed that by 1995, the early caterpillars were hatching about 9 days sooner and developing into moth pupae more quickly than they did in 1973.
- Witch hazel takes advantage of the pollination services of winter moths of the genus Eupsilia, which are active in fall.
- It will capture winter moths that climb into the canopy to lay eggs, thus preventing grubs attacking the flowers and foliage next spring.
Definición de winter moth en:
- Diccionario Inglés británico e internacional
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
= de moda