- A moth that emerges in the winter, the female of which has only vestigial wings. It was formerly a major pest of fruit trees.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Several species in the family Geometridae
- A 23-year study of great tits and winter moths at one site in the Netherlands revealed that by 1995, the early caterpillars were hatching about 9 days sooner and developing into moth pupae more quickly than they did in 1973.
- Witch hazel takes advantage of the pollination services of winter moths of the genus Eupsilia, which are active in fall.
- It will capture winter moths that climb into the canopy to lay eggs, thus preventing grubs attacking the flowers and foliage next spring.
Más definiciones de winter mothDefinición de winter moth en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional