The practice of connecting a listening device to a telephone line to secretly monitor a conversation.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- These tools enable the government to intercept far more information without a warrant - i.e. without probable cause - than traditional telephone wiretapping.
- But even more controversial are sections that make subtle changes in the rules for wiretapping, surveillance, e-mail monitoring, financial investigation, and search and seizure.
- Until the proposals to change wiretapping and surveillance laws are made more specific, it is difficult to assess how damaging to civil liberties they will be.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- First, when they admitted to this wiretapping, they were saying it was wiretaps for surveillance between domestics and people overseas.
- It expands the ability of the government to spy by wiretaps and computer surveillance.
- The key problem, say officials, was reliance on wiretaps and surveillance rather than human Intelligence - i.e. spies.
Definición de wiretapping en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional