Definición de wise guy en inglés:
1chiefly North American A person who speaks and behaves as if they know more than others.
- Some wise guy had a tape measure with him and took a reading.
- Well, I have felt he's been a wise guy for some time and it certainly appears he's being that way now with his interlocutors.
- He continued to play numerous characters alternating between lead and supporting roles in various comedy flicks usually seen as a loveable slob, a bumbling schemer or an overbearing wise guy.
2US A member of the Mafia.
- Could be any inner-city gang member or wise guy.
- In my mind, I pictured him to be a little Italian wise guy, like the mafia hit man that's always the squealer on someone in those old movies.
- While other kids were flipping burgers, he was hiring himself out to local wise guys as muscle or masterminding his own bizarre capers.
Definición de wise guy en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia