- 1A forked bone (the furcula) between the neck and breast of a bird. According to a popular custom, this bone from a cooked bird is broken by two people, with the holder of the longer portion being entitled to make a wish.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- In Sue, the two shoulder blades seem to be joined by a very small, almost straight piece of bone, and this was supposed to suggest that this was a wishbone like a bird's.
- Heaped on a pedestal, the intact wishbones are perfect wish opportunities forgone for the sake of art.
- Tyrannosaurs shared a number of characteristics with birds, including hollow bones, feet with three primary toes that all pointed forward, and a wishbone.
- 2An object of similar shape to a wishbone, in particular.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The F400 uses a pushrod design and all the wishbones are aerodynamically shaped.
- Approximating a range of icons - spaceship, comma, wishbone, beetle, picket fence - these ensembles are studies in the suggestiveness of simple shapes.
- A steel wishbone can be bent into amazing shapes before it breaks while a carbon version, although stronger, will snap rather than bend.
- 2.1 Football An offensive formation in which the fullback lines up immediately behind the quarterback with the two halfbacks behind and on either side of the fullback.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The school with the history and tradition of running quarterbacks and wishbone offenses was about to be hit with culture shock.
- Just line him up any which way - West Coast, vertical offense, wing-T, wishbone, doesn't matter - and let the most exciting player in the league do his thing.
- The three who came before Stoops all had one common flaw: Their offenses - wishbone or not - never made an impact.
- 2.2A forked element in the suspension of a motor vehicle or aircraft, typically attached to a wheel at one end with the two arms hinged to the chassis.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The front suspension is a double wishbone coil spring with damper and a five-link coil sprung solid axle in the rear.
- The double wishbone suspension and coil-over shocks are mounted to large aluminum castings.
- A double wishbone front suspension and gas-filled rear shocks help absorb vibration at faster speeds while providing a smoother ride over mixed road services.
Más definiciones de wishboneDefinición de wishbone en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional