Definición de wood ant en inglés:
A large reddish-brown ant found chiefly in woodlands, living in nest mounds, which it defends by spraying formic acid at the attacker.
- Formica rufa, family Formicidae
- In the present study, we investigated patterns of aggression and nest mate recognition in the wood ant, Formica paralugubris.
- Penny Webb often leads guided walks through the woods here and takes Helen to the huge mounds that are home to the hairy wood ant.
- The Harvard University professor is reluctant to guess which of the 150 species of wood ant you may have seen.
Definición de wood ant en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan