Definición de wood ant en inglés:
A large reddish-brown ant found chiefly in woodlands, living in nest mounds, which it defends by spraying formic acid at the attacker.
- Formica rufa, family Formicidae
- In the present study, we investigated patterns of aggression and nest mate recognition in the wood ant, Formica paralugubris.
- Penny Webb often leads guided walks through the woods here and takes Helen to the huge mounds that are home to the hairy wood ant.
- The Harvard University professor is reluctant to guess which of the 150 species of wood ant you may have seen.
Definición de wood ant en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan