- A large reddish-brown ant found chiefly in woodlands, living in nest mounds, which it defends by spraying formic acid at the attacker.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Formica rufa, family Formicidae
- In the present study, we investigated patterns of aggression and nest mate recognition in the wood ant, Formica paralugubris.
- Penny Webb often leads guided walks through the woods here and takes Helen to the huge mounds that are home to the hairy wood ant.
- The Harvard University professor is reluctant to guess which of the 150 species of wood ant you may have seen.
Más definiciones de wood antDefinición de wood ant en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional