Definición de wood nymph en inglés:
1(In folklore and classical mythology) a nymph inhabiting woodland, especially a Dryad or Hamadryad.
- A beautiful woman - supposedly a wood nymph - stood partly in the shadows, with moonlight streaming down upon her.
- A manipulative wood nymph, Dunphia, competes for the attentions of the impressionable Keano with the pink dolphin god, Fergie.
- It bounded towards her, revealing a short wood nymph with impossibly tangled grey hair.
2A brown American butterfly of grassy habitats and light woodlands, with large eyespots on the forewings and smaller ones on the hind wings.
- Genus Cercyonis, subfamily Satyrinae, family Nymphalidae: several species, in particular the widespread C. pegala
- I believe they were mostly Harris's checkerspots and wood nymphs, or the like, but there were also the occasional monarchs, swallowtails, and mourning cloaks.
3 (also woodnymph) A dark-colored, green-throated hummingbird, found from Mexico to Argentina.
- Genus Thalurania, family Trochilidae: several species, including the common wood nymph (T. furcata) and the Mexican wood nymph (T. ridgwayi)
- I thought of them years later when I was covered in sweat during a cabin-building spree, and a couple of wood nymphs kept landing on my nose for a drink.
Definición de wood nymph en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan