Definición de wood tick en inglés:
A North American tick that infests wild and domestic animals, often found clinging to plants and responsible for transmitting spotted fever.
- Genus Dermacentor, family Ixodidae, in particular D. andersoni
- The disease that may best explain Clark's Three Forks fever is Colorado tick fever, a viral infection transmitted by the wood tick.
- The bacteria Rickettsia rickettsii that cause an RMSF infection are carried by the dog tick in the eastern United States and by the wood tick in the Rocky Mountain states.
- The wood tick is the principal vector in the western United States, whereas the dog tick is the most common vector in the eastern and southern United States.
Definición de wood tick en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan