A white-flowered plant of the bedstraw family with whorled leaves, smelling of new-mown hay when dried or crushed.
- Genera Galium and Asperula, family Rubiaceae: several species, especially sweet woodruff (G. odoratum)
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Actually I tucked a few bearberry plants among them as a salve to his feelings, and that spread almost as satisfyingly as the woodruff.
- Wild garlic, woodruff, ivy, wild strawberry and violets provide the splendorous colour that gives the wood one of its many appealing qualities.
- First, though, I rip out the woodruff and lay the earth bare.
Old English wudurofe, from wudu 'wood' + an element of unknown meaning.
Más definiciones de woodruffDefinición de woodruff en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional