Definición de woodworm en inglés:
1The worm or larva of a beetle that bores into wood.
- However, the relatively soft woods of European furniture were no match for the humidity, tropical woodworms, and termites of Cuba.
- The floors and doors on the main floor are of solid mahogany, which is impervious to tropical woodworms and termites.
- Held in a prison cell, he called for the guards and got out seconds before the roof fell in - the story goes that the woodworms had ‘told’ him they were chewing through the beam.
1.1The damaged condition of wood resulting from infestation with this larva.
- Hemingway later blamed the damage on woodworm, a witty reference to absinthe's quasi - magical ingredient - wormwood.
- Besides, the very roof of the church, damaged by a great storm in 1961, infested with woodworm and leaking in many places, was judged to be highly dangerous.
- It has to be cut thickly (making individual panels rather heavy) and is prone to warping and damage by woodworm.
Definición de woodworm en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia