- 1The worm or larva of a beetle that bores into wood.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- However, the relatively soft woods of European furniture were no match for the humidity, tropical woodworms, and termites of Cuba.
- The floors and doors on the main floor are of solid mahogany, which is impervious to tropical woodworms and termites.
- Held in a prison cell, he called for the guards and got out seconds before the roof fell in - the story goes that the woodworms had ‘told’ him they were chewing through the beam.
- 1.1The damaged condition of wood resulting from infestation with this larva.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Hemingway later blamed the damage on woodworm, a witty reference to absinthe's quasi - magical ingredient - wormwood.
- Besides, the very roof of the church, damaged by a great storm in 1961, infested with woodworm and leaking in many places, was judged to be highly dangerous.
- It has to be cut thickly (making individual panels rather heavy) and is prone to warping and damage by woodworm.
Más definiciones de woodwormDefinición de woodworm en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional