- The minimum quantity of energy that is required to remove an electron to infinity from the surface of a given solid, usually a metal. (Symbol: φ)Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The energy required to remove an electron from the metal is called the work function, which is written as hv (Planck's constant multiplied by the required frequency of light).
- When we heard that a filament of platinum - which, like tungsten, is a metal with a high work function - tended to show less positive-ion noise, Sheldon obtained a sample.
- The high current density is possible because the p-doped WBG region acts as a negative electron affinity material when in contact with low work function metals.
Más definiciones de work functionDefinición de work function en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional