- A welfare system that requires those receiving benefits to perform some work or to participate in job training.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The plan laid out in 1996 to change welfare to workfare recognized and provided for the critical role child care would play in transitioning from government dependency to personal responsibility.
- Furthermore, forcing welfare recipients onto workfare has forced many young people to drop out of school or training programs.
- Has the Minister seen any of the research on the outcomes of American workfare and time-limited benefit programmes over the last 10 years, and can he confirm that a Labour Government will not move towards such initiatives?
Más definiciones de workfareDefinición de workfare en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional