Definición de workman en inglés:
sustantivo (plural workmen)
1A man employed to do manual labor.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The tide had reached the ship, and now the workmen labouring about the hull were ankle deep in water.
- Shipwrights now required a labour force of workmen with a different set of skills who could saw to length and fit a ship together according to plan.
- One by one the quarries closed and the workmen were forced to find other employment.
1.1 [with adjective] A person with specified skill in a job or craft: you check it through, like all good workmen do
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The gearbox had to be removed and, as no spare part was readily available and we wanted to get home to Tyrone, the clutch arm had to be welded up and ground to size by a very skilled workman.
- I have no idea what he would have made of his pupil, but he's a really good workman with a delicate sense of lyricism.
- If there is a bad set of specifications and a bad set of materials no good workman can fix the problem, because it is intrinsically defective.
Palabras que riman con workmankirkman, kirkmen, workmen
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
= de moda