Definición de world-weary en inglés:
Feeling or indicating feelings of weariness, boredom, or cynicism as a result of long experience of life: their world-weary, cynical talk
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Lengthy bonding scenes follow in which, inevitably, the hardened, world-weary, cynical bodyguard learns to love the winsome little blonde.
- Replace it with despair, or with a world-weary cynicism.
- Her boss, Keith, is a world-weary figure whose vast experience is matched by his ineffectiveness.
- Example sentences
- He has a childlike wonderment rarely glimpsed among industry-dominated modern music, but he plays this off against a frail world-weariness.
- And yesterday morning, it was in a state of shock, confusion and world-weariness that the firefighters returned to the picket lines.
- Circumspection and world-weariness can come later.
Definición de world-weary en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan