- X-rays were formerly defined in terms of their wavelength, radiation of shorter wavelength than theirs being classed as gamma rays. They are now usually defined in terms of the mode of production: X-rays are produced by the deceleration of charged particles, especially electrons, or by electron transitions in atoms, while gamma rays arise from the radioactive decay of atomic nuclei
- Gamma rays are not particles but a form of electromagnetic radiation, like light, radio waves, and X-rays.
- It was designed to study X-rays and gamma rays from solar flares.
- Most known radiation dangers occur at the high end of the electromagnetic spectrum, and include X-rays and gamma rays.
- Television doctor Chris Steele has been given the all-clear from cancer after a ‘diagnosis’ from a Russian teenager who claims to have X-ray eyes.
- I've also got X-ray vision, Super breath, and can leap four Range Rovers in a single bound.
- Superman has X-ray vision: walls become permeable, transparent.
- Often used to identify fractures or tumors that may not be visible on an X-ray.
- Having the ability to analyze X-rays and scans digitally from a remote location can be extremely valuable.
- In this procedure, a special contrast material is injected into one of your milk ducts before the X-ray images are taken.
- The doctor may need to take several tests, including blood tests or X-rays, to diagnose your child.
- You may need X-rays or an ultrasound to check the kidneys and ureters.
- Chief Executive Steve Ferres said that Ramsden was having an X-ray on the injury today to assess the extent of the damage.
- The body is X-rayed from many angles, and the X-rays are then analyzed by a computer.
- Casualties are X-rayed to pinpoint the location of coins and some require surgery.
- I was X-rayed, and had lots of nurses and doctors coming in and out of the room.
Translation of German X-Strahlen (plural), from X- (because, when discovered in 1895, the nature of the rays was unknown) + Strahl 'ray'.
For editors and proofreaders
División en sílabas: X-ray
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.