adjetivo[predic.] • archaic or • humorous
- By the name of: a lady yclept EleanoraMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Why art thou so oddly yclept, so whimsically named - oh, got it, you play the HARP.
- Taking advantage of the disposition you express to hear from the ‘dear public,’ I beg to submit a few reflections concerning the idiosyncrasies of that part of our city yclept ‘The Street’.
- It also leads to pronouncing two double consonants when you speak the word; cl and pt. Yclept means named as in ‘I have a dog yclept Rover.’
Old English gecleopod, past participle of cleopian 'call', of Germanic origin.
Más definiciones de ycleptDefinición de yclept en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional