- 1Used to give an affirmative response: “Do you understand?” “Yes.”Más ejemplos en oraciones
- My response is yes, and that is a danger that we worked out when we took the decision.
- I don't hear a lot of calls on behalf of economic officials saying, yes, please come and invest.
- I asked Craig if he would consider making a jump with him, Craig's response was a resounding yes!
- 1.1Expressing agreement with a positive statement just made: “That was a grand evening.” “Yes, it was.”Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Although felt extremely happy when I heard that, I could not give a big positive yes at the moment he asked.
- Of course, yes, certainly, it was a chance to be associated with the games.
- We would be in a better position economically now, yes, definitely.
sustantivo (plural yeses or yesses)Volver al principio
- An affirmative answer or decision, especially in voting: answering with assured and ardent yesesMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Rilla counted them up as each name was called, and found a large majority of yesses.
- I smiled thoughtfully to myself as I ticked off the amount of yeses on my fingers.
- So, if you're reading this could you please post a yes or a no as to whether you are on the Organ Donor register.
yes and no
- Partly and partly not: “Did it come as a surprise to you?” “Yes and no.”Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Yet no one has offered to suggest that Ablett's woes are anything other than those of his own making - but I would argue yes and no?
- The answer, like so many things in politics, is yes and no.
- That is why the answer to your question is, yes and no.
Old English gēse, gīse, probably from an unrecorded phrase meaning 'may it be so'.