A plant of the agave family with stiff swordlike leaves and spikes of white bell-shaped flowers that are dependent upon the yucca moth for fertilization, found especially in warm regions of North America and Mexico.
- Genus Yucca, family Agavaceae: many species, including Spanish bayonet and Adam’s needle
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Blue rescue retains its color all winter, as do yuccas ' sword-like leaves.
- Yucca's white bell-shape flowers last only briefly.
- The often steep and rugged lower slopes of the mountains are dominated by cacti, agaves, yuccas, and thorn-bearing shrubs.
mid 16th century (denoting cassava): from Carib.
Definición de yucca en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional