Having or showing zeal: the council was extremely zealous in the application of the regulations
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- This was an act committed by one zealous serving girl who sinned thereby.
- Such zealous passion would seem to be the natural preserve of that dangerous species, the young man.
- Ann Lee and her immediate entourage were unbowed in their zealous commitment.
fervent, ardent, fervid, fanatical, passionate, impassioned, devout, devoted, committed, dedicated, hard-core, enthusiastic, eager, keen, overkeen, avid, card-carrying, vigorous, energetic, intense, fierce
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Some who have testified say they're less worried that what they say will be leaked to the public than that it will get back to the agencies themselves, which are known for their zealousness in tracking down whistleblowers.
- If the EU Commission is thought to be acting with undue zealousness in the application of the pact it may work against the pro-euro cause in Britain, Denmark and Sweden.
- Her new zealousness has become very personal and directed at people who supported her.
Early 16th century: from a medieval Latin derivative of Latin zelus 'zeal, jealousy'.
Palabras que riman con zealousjealous
For editors and proofreaders
División en sílabas: zeal·ous
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda