Definición de zebra mussel en inglés:
A small freshwater bivalve mollusk with zigzag markings on the shell, sometimes becoming a pest because it blocks water pipes.
- Dreissena polymorpha, family Dreissenidae
- The Asian clam and the zebra mussel are probably the two most common exotic species, which have been introduced to North American freshwaters.
- In 1988 the zebra mussel, once confined to the lakes and rivers of Europe, hitched a ride to Lake Erie, presumably in the ballast tanks of a visiting freighter.
- The zebra mussel, for instance, has spread via ships and boats across Western Europe and North America.
Definición de zebra mussel en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan