chiefly North American
1A device consisting of two flexible strips of metal or plastic with interlocking projections closed or opened by pulling a slide along them, used to fasten garments, bags, and other items.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- When you get it home, you can cut it into five even pieces and put each piece into a zipper seal bag and freeze it until you are ready to thaw it for use.
- For the guys there's fluffy suits in electric blue and bold red, psychedelic printed tops, wax trousers with leg-length zippers and fisherman hats.
- These are basically regular knits and can be found in a zip-up style, a zipper collar or a hood.
Fasten or provide (something) with a zipper: he wore a running suit zippered up tight
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- I particularly like the hoodie sweatshirt and zippered hoodie sweatshirt because they are utilitarian and fashionable at the same time.
- My photo of me attending a Bon Jovi concert, hair spiked and bleached Marilyn Monroe blonde, accompanied by a skin-tight zebra print, zippered mini-dress, is admired.
- It has two zippered side-entry pockets and high-quality ribbing at the waist and cuffs.
Palabras que riman con zipperAgrippa, chipper, clipper, dipper, equipper, flipper, gripper, hipper, kipper, nipper, Pippa, ripper, shipper, sipper, skipper, slipper, stripper, tipper, tripper, whipper
For editors and proofreaders
División en sílabas: zip·per
Definición de zipper en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda