- 1Distribution in zones or regions of definite character: quartz grains can exhibit zonation and roundingMás ejemplos en oraciones
- To address the latter question, it has proven useful to compare closely related species, especially congeners that exhibit temperature-related patterns of zonation.
- Internal textures typically show pronounced zonation of crystallite orientation and grain size.
- Cathodoluminescence imaging revealed that all grains contain a discrete core whose internal zonation was truncated by a surrounding brightly luminescent rim.
- 1.1 Ecology The distribution of plants or animals into specific zones according to such parameters as altitude or depth, each characterized by its dominant species.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Numerous regional schemes rationalizing the nomenclatural stratigraphy of the critical time have been developed, and a variety of biostratigraphic zonations evolved.
- The vegetation in the marsh shows clear zonation with different species dominating different zones.
- Most studies conducted on plant zonation have been within perennial-dominated coastal marshes or non-saline marshes.
Más definiciones de zonationDefinición de zonation en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional