- 1 1.1 (importunar) to bother perdone que lo moleste, pero quisiera pedirle algo sorry to trouble o bother you, but I'd like to ask you something ¿este señor la está molestando, señorita? is this man bothering you, Miss? 1.2 (interrumpir) to disturb no la molestes, está estudiando don't disturb her, she's studying que no me moleste nadie, voy a dormir un rato don't let anybody disturb me, I'm going to take a nap
- 2 (ofender, disgustar) to upset perdona si te he molestado I'm sorry if I've upset you
- 1 (importunar) ¿no te molesta ese ruido? doesn't that noise bother you? se ruega no molestar please do not disturb ¿le molesta si fumo? do you mind if I smoke? me molesta su arrogancia her arrogance irritates o annoys me ya sabes que me molesta que hables de él you know I don't like you to talk about him, you know I get upset o it upsets me when you talk about him nunca uso pulseras, me molestan para trabajar I never wear bracelets, they get in the way when I'm working no me duele, pero me molesta it doesn't hurt but it's uncomfortable o it bothers me si le molesta mucho, puedo ponerle una inyección if it's very sore o painful, I could give you an injection
- 2 (fastidiar) to be a nuisance si vas a molestar, te vas de clase if you're going to be a nuisance, you can leave the classroom vino a ayudar pero no hizo más que molestar he came to help, but he just got in the way o made a nuisance of himself son unos niños encantadores, nunca molestan they're lovely children, they're never any trouble o they're no trouble at all no quiero molestar I don't want to be a nuisance o to get in the way o to cause any trouble
molestarse v pron
- 1 (disgustarse) to get upset no debes molestarte, lo hizo sin querer don't get upset, he didn't mean to do itmolestarse
poralgo se molestó por algo he got upset about something espero que no se haya molestado por lo que le dije I hope you weren't upset o offended by what I said molestarse conalgn to get annoyed withsb, get cross withsb (BrE) se molestó conmigo porque no lo invité he got annoyed o cross with me because I didn't invite him, he was put out o upset because I didn't invite him
- 2 (tomarse el trabajo) to bother, trouble oneself [formal] no se moleste, me voy enseguida it's all right o please, don't bother o don't worry, I'm just leaving no se molesta por nadie, solo piensa en él he doesn't bother o worry about anybody else, all he thinks about is himself ¿para qué vas a molestarte? why should you put yourself out?molestarse
en+ infni se molestó en llamarme he didn't even bother to call me se molestó en venir hasta aquí a avisarnos she took the trouble to come o she went to the trouble of coming all this way to tell us yo no me voy a molestar en cocinar para ellos I'm not going to put myself out cooking for them
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Onda Cero is a radio network broadcasting on AM and FM. It is owned by Telefónica, Spain's most important telecommunications group.