- 1.1 (American Indian) mohicano, -na (m,f)Más ejemplos en oraciones
Más ejemplos en oraciones1.2
- The US has hundreds of tribes of Native Americans, from the larger and familiar names of Apache, Sioux, Cherokee and Mohicans to the smaller and lesser-known Catawba, Kalispel and Quapaw.
- Another ethnic group, the Mahicans, are descendants of American Indians who were brought to Saint David's Island from New York in the 1600s.
- He even went to Boston and Plymouth to consolidate an alliance with the Sokoquis, the Pennacooks, and the Mahicans against the Iroquois.
(mohican)(hairstyle) (BrE) corte (m) de pelo a lo mohicanoMás ejemplos en oraciones
- With the advent of war, Plymouth gained support from New England's other colonies and from Mohegans, Pequots, and many Christian Indians.
- Occom led many Christian Mohegans away from Connecticut in 1785, to join with other Christian southern New England tribal members in exodus to Brotherton, New York.
- Mason, one of the founders of Norwich, and a force of Englishmen and Mohegans, are accused of burning down a Pequot village in 1637 during a war with the tribe.
- In the last few years the soccer star has sported shoulder-length hair, a Mohican and ‘cornrows’ but is probably most famed for his £300 skinhead.
- The models wore sky-high Mohicans, stripy knee-length and bright ankle socks (along with spiky heels) and carried teddy bears on chains.
- The bride's father wore a gangster outfit complete with trilby and spats, Andy's punk friends sported colourful Mohicans and four of the guests came as the Addams Family.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Today is Fiesta de Santiago (St James' Day). The famous Camino de Santiago, the pilgrimage of thousands of people from all over Spain and many other parts of Europe to the holy city of Santiago de Compostela, takes place in the week leading up to St James' Day, 25 July. The city also has its fiestas around this time. The streets are full of musicians and performers for two weeks of celebrations culminating in the Festival del Apóstol.