- 1.1 (American Indian) mohicano, (masculine, feminine)Más ejemplos en oraciones
Más ejemplos en oraciones1.2
- The US has hundreds of tribes of Native Americans, from the larger and familiar names of Apache, Sioux, Cherokee and Mohicans to the smaller and lesser-known Catawba, Kalispel and Quapaw.
- Another ethnic group, the Mahicans, are descendants of American Indians who were brought to Saint David's Island from New York in the 1600s.
- He even went to Boston and Plymouth to consolidate an alliance with the Sokoquis, the Pennacooks, and the Mahicans against the Iroquois.
(mohican)(hairstyle) (British English/inglés británico) corte (masculine) de pelo a lo mohicanoMás ejemplos en oraciones
- With the advent of war, Plymouth gained support from New England's other colonies and from Mohegans, Pequots, and many Christian Indians.
- Occom led many Christian Mohegans away from Connecticut in 1785, to join with other Christian southern New England tribal members in exodus to Brotherton, New York.
- Mason, one of the founders of Norwich, and a force of Englishmen and Mohegans, are accused of burning down a Pequot village in 1637 during a war with the tribe.
- In the last few years the soccer star has sported shoulder-length hair, a Mohican and ‘cornrows’ but is probably most famed for his £300 skinhead.
- The models wore sky-high Mohicans, stripy knee-length and bright ankle socks (along with spiky heels) and carried teddy bears on chains.
- The bride's father wore a gangster outfit complete with trilby and spats, Andy's punk friends sported colourful Mohicans and four of the guests came as the Addams Family.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The Cortes Generales is the Spanish Parliament, consisting of two houses, the lower house or Congreso de los Diputados and the upper house or Senado. It is a legislative body, approves state budgets, and exercises other powers relating to international treaties and agreements, the autonomous regions and appointments to posts in institutions such as the Tribunal Constitucional.