Traducción de Puritan en español:
- 1.1puritano, (-na) (masculine, feminine)Oraciones de ejemplo1.2
also: puritan(morally)puritano, (-na) (masculine, feminine)Oraciones de ejemplo
- From its inception there had been a committed Protestant minority who aspired to complete a full Protestant reformation - the Puritans.
- Excessive frivolity has always been frowned upon by some, and Christmas was not celebrated by the Puritans or Calvinists.
- Unlike the English Puritans, the Dutch Reformed ministers made no efforts to evangelise the native peoples of the area.
- These are precisely the values the puritans and zealots of many faiths and ideologies would destroy.
- A few centuries ago it may not have seemed out of place, but even modern-day American puritans have been shocked by Florida's so-called ‘Scarlet Letter’ law.
- Teetotalers, or people who drink in moderation, on the other hand are boring, no fun, puritans, kill-joys etc.
- 1.1 1.2also: puritan(morally strict)Oraciones de ejemplo
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Bangalore seemed to suit him better, with its catholicity of social life and its absence of puritan guardians of moral behaviour.
- Feng Yuxiang's forces were subjected with severity to their commander's puritan morals: no drinking, gambling, swearing, or resort to prostitutes was permitted.
- Suffused with puritan guilt, his self interest had its limits.
- The religious experiments of Archbishop Laud reactivated Puritan militancy.
- She sets this change within the context of a wider intellectual shift from Puritan piety to the Enlightenment's faith in progress and the inherent goodness of man.
- The religious intensity of Puritan settlers infused every facet of life in seventeenth-century New England, including criminality.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
= de moda