- 1 countable (dwelling place) [literary or humorous]morada (feminine) [literary or humorous]welcome to my humble abode [humorous]bienvenido a mi humilde morada [humorous]Oraciones de ejemplo
- These are the people living in bed and breakfasts, sofa surfing with friends and moving from house to house with no fixed abode.
- In between the luxurious modern houses are two curious abodes.
- Their house was more like a small castle than a humble abode.
- 2 uncountable (Law)place of abode right of abode of no fixed abodeOraciones de ejemplo
- This points to a worldly, finite, lived morality - to an ethos in its sense of abode and dwelling place - and away from the abstract and systematic utilitarianism so common in Australia.
- In the time since he had left his native Ballyredmond and taken up his abode in Rathvilly he had spent a period of time in Courtown, Co. Wexford.
- The independent senator said a lot of the crime in the society was being committed by people of no fixed place of abode.
- past & past p→ abide 2
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda