Traducción de absolute en español:
- 1 1.1 (complete, perfect) [trust/confidence] absoluto, pleno with absolute certainty con absoluta or plena certeza the absolute truth la pura verdad an absolute beginner un principiante que no sabe absolutamente nada at the absolute maximum como máximo, a lo sumo 1.2 (as intensifier/como palabra enfática) total it was an absolute disaster fue un absoluto desastre or un desastre total absolute chaos/disaster el caos/desastre más absoluto he's an absolute idiot es un tonto redomado she gave me a look of absolute hatred me lanzó una mirada de odio reconcentrado it's an absolute disgrace es un escándalo
- 2 2.1 (unconditional) [right] incuestionable; [pardon/freedom] incondicional, sin condiciones; [guarantee/devotion] absoluto it's an absolute necessity es absolutamente imprescindible our decree became absolute nos concedieron el divorcio por sentencia firme 2.2 (having unlimited power) [monarch/rule] absolutoExample sentences
- Because, as the hatchway ground shut at the center of his dazed vision, something far more shocking took hold - a total and absolute silence.
- Wilkinson is a desperately complex person, driven by a need for absolute perfection and total control in his life.
- When I saw it, the entire audience left the theatre in absolute silence.
- A great character: he's portrayed as being benign, a dictator, absolute ruler, yes, but beloved by his people.
- Nevertheless, even absolute monarchs or totalitarian dictators are constrained by forces beyond their control.
- Under the Australian constitution, drawn up in 1901, the governor-general has the powers of an absolute dictator.
- 3 (not relative) absoluto an absolute good un bien absoluto in absolute terms en términos absolutos absolute knowledge [Philos] conocimiento (masculine) absolutoExample sentences
- All wheat parameters we studied were unresponsive to blue light, so comparisons between relative and absolute blue light responses are not meaningful.
- But many economists believe that relative poverty rather than absolute standards is what matters.
- The right will no doubt point out that this is a comparison of relative, rather than absolute poverty.
- 4 [Linguistics/Lingüística] absoluto
- [Philos] absoluto (masculine) the Absolute lo or el absoluto
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Bonoloto is a Spanish state lottery established in 1988. The others are the Lotería Nacional and the Lotería Primitiva. As with the Lotería Primitiva six numbers are marked on a ticket showing forty-nine numbers and win the main prize if all the numbers come up in the draw.