Traducción de accent en español:
nounInglés americano: /ˈækˌsɛnt/ Inglés británico: /ˈaks(ə)nt/ , /ˈaksɛnt/
- 2 2.1 (stress) (Linguistics, Music) 2.2 (emphasis) to put the accent on somethingponer énfasis en algo
hacer hincapié en algoOraciones de ejemplo
Oraciones de ejemplo
- In all but parts of eastern Slovakia, the stress is on the first syllable of a word; longer words (three or more syllables) have secondary accents.
- Mania, they were told, is simply the Italian translation of the word obsession, and anyway it's pronounced with the accent on the second syllable.
- In Samoan words all syllables are given equal timing with a slight accent placed on the penultimate syllable.
- Rachmaninoff indicates that the tenor carries the melody by placing accents over each of its notes.
- Or consider the college piano student, carefully groomed to taper each Mozartean phrase just so, and deliver sharp accents in Bartok.
- Moravec takes the opening of the first in a way that connects with Bartók's piano dances, with shifting accents.
- 3 (symbol) (Linguistics)Oraciones de ejemplo
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The whole country was a mixture of different languages and accents back then, especially in the rural areas.
- And is there anywhere in the world with a greater diversity of accents than London?
- And a beautiful thing, for me, was that most spoke with foreign accents and in foreign languages.
- The accents and other diacritical marks we now use to write ancient Greek are comparatively late inventions.
- FYI - I had to leave out some of the accent marks on some of the Spanish words.
- It's a neat trick to have a way to spell words containing both nasalization and crucially important tone without any accents or funny letters.
transitive verbInglés americano: /ˈækˌsɛnt/ , /ækˈsɛnt/ Inglés británico: /akˈsɛnt/
- 1.1 (stress)(syllable/word)1.2 (American English) → accentuate 1
acentuarOraciones de ejemplo
- His pale features were accented by his ebony hair.
- Dark hair and even darker eyes accented his pale features and an amused smile touched his thin lips.
- He had a certain smug look as the setting sun accented his facial features and bathed the luxurious office in shades of red and gold light.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
= de moda