Traducción de appointment en español:
- 1 countable (arrangement to meet) I have to make an appointment with my lawyerI phoned the hairdresser's/doctor's to make an appointmenttengo que concertar una cita con mi abogadodo you have an appointment?llamé a la peluquería/al médico para pedir hora or una citaI've got an appointment at the hairdresser's at two¿tiene cita/hora?he failed to keep the appointmenttengo hora or una cita a las dos en la peluqueríaI can't go, I've got an appointmentno acudió or no se presentó a la citaI have a dinner appointmentno puedo ir, tengo una cita or un compromisoviewing by appointment onlytengo (que asistir a) una cenawe met by appointment at a cafeconcertar cita para visitarnos dimos cita or nos citamos en un caféOraciones de ejemplo
- We were building a house in Isleworth, and I had made an appointment to meet a friend of ours on the site.
- We felt she was a genuine caller and an officer made an appointment to meet her; the lady did not turn up.
- Parents may feel free to contact Mary at the school and arrange for an appointment to meet her.
- 2 2.1 uncountable and countable (act of appointing) his appointment to the post was expectedthey sent her a letter of appointmentse esperaba su nombramiento or designación para el cargoby appointment to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II (in UK)le mandaron el nombramiento2.2 countable (post) [formal] appointments in publishing, publishing appointmentsproveedores de SM la reina Isabel IIthe post is a Presidential appointmentofertas (feminine plural) de empleo en el campo editorialshe was a surprise appointmentel titular del cargo es nombrado por el presidente(before noun) appointments bureau o agency (British English)fue un nombramiento inesperadoagencia (feminine) de empleoOraciones de ejemplo
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The vast majority of the advisers are not civil servants, but political appointments hand-picked by ministers.
- Published papers are also distributed to selected appointments, so your work has a good chance of reaching the right eyes.
- The news comes in the wake of a national survey that found that one in five new secondary school appointments are rated as unsatisfactory by headteachers.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The decor is unmistakably high class with the fixtures, fittings and appointments setting a relaxed yet cultured atmosphere.
- In her update of Olympia, entitled Tribeca, an older, clothed woman and a naked young man of Asian descent sit in a loft space furnished with modern appointments.
- The table appointments are also of very high quality, with the black and silver chopsticks being exceptional.
- And he then made a series of more or less statesmanlike appointments to senior positions.
- This was his first visit to Bulgaria after his recent appointment to the position.
- Moreover, when his appointments to the key positions of Secretary of State, National Security Adviser and Defence Secretary are examined, a clearer picture emerges.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en India
Muy popular en Pakistán
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Today is Aberri Eguna, Basque national day, and a public holiday in the Basque country of Spain.