- 1 countable/numerable (arrangement to meet) cita (f); (with doctor, hairdresser) hora (f), cita (f) I have to make an appointment with my lawyer tengo que concertar una cita con mi abogado I phoned the hairdresser's/doctor's to make an appointment llamé a la peluquería/al médico para pedir hora or una cita do you have an appointment? ¿tiene cita/hora? I've got an appointment at the hairdresser's at two tengo hora or una cita a las dos en la peluquería he failed to keep the appointment no acudió or no se presentó a la cita I can't go, I've got an appointment no puedo ir, tengo una cita or un compromiso I have a dinner appointment tengo (que asistir a) una cena viewing by appointment only concertar cita para visitar we met by appointment at a cafe nos dimos cita or nos citamos en un caféMás ejemplos en oraciones
- We were building a house in Isleworth, and I had made an appointment to meet a friend of ours on the site.
- We felt she was a genuine caller and an officer made an appointment to meet her; the lady did not turn up.
- Parents may feel free to contact Mary at the school and arrange for an appointment to meet her.
- 2 2.1 uncountable or countable/no numerable o numerable (act of appointing) nombramiento (masculine) his appointment to the post was expected se esperaba su nombramiento or designación para el cargo they sent her a letter of appointment le mandaron el nombramiento by appointment to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II (in (United Kingdom/el Reino Unido) ) proveedores de SM la reina Isabel II 2.2 countable/numerable (post) [formal] puesto (masculine) appointments in publishing, publishing appointments ofertas (feminine plural) de empleo en el campo editorial the post is a Presidential appointment el titular del cargo es nombrado por el presidente she was a surprise appointment fue un nombramiento inesperado (before noun/delante del nombre) appointments bureau o agency (British English/inglés británico) agencia (feminine) de empleoMás ejemplos en oraciones
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The vast majority of the advisers are not civil servants, but political appointments hand-picked by ministers.
- Published papers are also distributed to selected appointments, so your work has a good chance of reaching the right eyes.
- The news comes in the wake of a national survey that found that one in five new secondary school appointments are rated as unsatisfactory by headteachers.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The decor is unmistakably high class with the fixtures, fittings and appointments setting a relaxed yet cultured atmosphere.
- In her update of Olympia, entitled Tribeca, an older, clothed woman and a naked young man of Asian descent sit in a loft space furnished with modern appointments.
- The table appointments are also of very high quality, with the black and silver chopsticks being exceptional.
- And he then made a series of more or less statesmanlike appointments to senior positions.
- This was his first visit to Bulgaria after his recent appointment to the position.
- Moreover, when his appointments to the key positions of Secretary of State, National Security Adviser and Defence Secretary are examined, a clearer picture emerges.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
The deck of cards used in Spain is called the baraja francesa. The four suits are oros, copas, espadas, and bastos, corresponding to diamonds, hearts, spades, and clubs. Each suit has nine numbered cards and three face cards - jack (sota), knight, and king. There is no queen.