Traducción de arrest en español:
- detención (feminine), arresto (masculine) to make an arrest hacer* una detención or un arresto to be under arrest estar* detenido or arrestado he's under arrest on a robbery charge ha sido detenido or arrestado acusado de robo you're under arrest queda detenido or arrestado to put o place sb under arrest detener* or arrestar a algn to resist arrest resistirse a la autoridadExample sentences
- In Lindley the defendant had been taken into police custody upon arrest for disorderly behaviour.
- These are separate categories, but it does not follow that in every case of unlawful arrest by a police officer exemplary damages are appropriate.
- The internal report will provide valuable ammunition for the Hamiltons who have said they intend to sue Scotland Yard for unlawful arrest and detention.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 3 (hold, detain) [literary/literario] atraer* to arrest sb's attention atraer* la atención de algn
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The Distrito Federal is a district of central Mexico, the seat of the federal government. It includes most of Mexico City and its suburbs, and comes under the direct supervision of the Mexican president.