- detención (feminine), arresto (masculine) to make an arrest hacer* una detención or un arresto to be under arrest estar* detenido or arrestado he's under arrest on a robbery charge ha sido detenido or arrestado acusado de robo you're under arrest queda detenido or arrestado to put o place sb under arrest detener* or arrestar a algn to resist arrest resistirse a la autoridadMás ejemplos en oraciones
- In Lindley the defendant had been taken into police custody upon arrest for disorderly behaviour.
- These are separate categories, but it does not follow that in every case of unlawful arrest by a police officer exemplary damages are appropriate.
- The internal report will provide valuable ammunition for the Hamiltons who have said they intend to sue Scotland Yard for unlawful arrest and detention.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 3 (hold, detain) [literary/literario] atraer* to arrest sb's attention atraer* la atención de algn
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Do you know what 'arpilleras' are? They are pieces of appliquéd textile folk art, common in South America. Doll characters and animals create a three-dimensional effect representing scenes from daily life.