- 1 1.1 (guarantee) asegurar, garantizar* I assure you se lo aseguro, se lo garantizo they assured us that they would be there nos aseguraron or garantizaron que estarían allí to assure sb
ofsth garantizarle* algo a algn they have assured us of their support nos han garantizado su apoyoMás ejemplos en oraciones1.2 (convince) convencer* he tried to assure them that the rumor was false trató de convencerlos de que el rumor era falso
- I assure her one more time that I do not mean to hurt her in any way.
- I assure you this will take a lot of practice and as you all know, practice makes perfect.
- However, I assure you that the Hogbetsotso festival is a genuine Ghanaian event.
- 2 (make certain)to assure sb (
of) sth this work will assure me (of) a regular income este trabajo me asegurará una entrada fijaMás ejemplos en oraciones
- This wonderfully funny book would go in and out of print throughout my life, proving that the fortunes of a book are not assured simply because it influences every writer who reads it.
- The corollary is that it is not moderation, but total victory, that assures survival.
- The footballers managed this feat with two rounds remaining before the end of the championships, as their eight-point advantage assured them of victory.
- 3 (insure) (British English/inglés británico) [life] asegurarMás ejemplos en oraciones
- At maturity, or on the death of the original life assured, all the benefits of the policy are paid to the new owner.
- Thirdly, if a bank is asked to take a security over a policy taken out by its holder on the life of another person, the bank has to satisfy itself that the holder has an insurable interest in the life assured.
- The proceeds from such a policy will therefore not form part of the life assured.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
The Cortes Generales is the Spanish Parliament, consisting of two houses, the lower house or Congreso de los Diputados and the upper house or Senado. It is a legislative body, approves state budgets, and exercises other powers relating to international treaties and agreements, the autonomous regions and appointments to posts in institutions such as the Tribunal Constitucional.