Traducción de attack en español:
- 1 1.1 countable and uncountable (physical, verbal) to launch an attacklanzar un ataqueterrorist attacksatentados (masculine plural) terroristasa three-pronged attackun ataque en tres frentesattack is the best form of defenseel ataque es la mejor defensaattack
on/ againstsomething/somebodyataqueto come/be under attack a/ contraalgo/alguienser atacadotraditional values are under attacklos valores tradicionales se ven amenazadosto return to the attack to go over to the attackpasar al ataquethe division had left itself open to attack from the rearla retaguardia de la división había quedado al descubiertothis policy leaves them open to attack from the oppositionesta política los expone a los ataques de la oposiciónOraciones de ejemplo
Oraciones de ejemplo1.2 countable (Medicine) asthma/panic attack
- They were shot as they launched an attack on the police station using guns and a bomb in the bucket of a mechanical digger.
- Last week, terrorists launched an attack on government facilities in Saudi Arabia.
- Five teenagers have been charged following an attack on a police officer which left him needing 10 stitches to his head.
ataque (masculine) de asma/pánicoheart attackinfarto (masculine)she had or suffered an attack
- His sporadic cinematic output has been combined with fierce public attacks on the general media situation.
- The Opposition Leader intensified his attack on the Prime Minister, insisting he had lied to the public.
- In a fierce attack on both Labour and the Tories, he urged all parties to reach a consensus on how the NHS should be managed.
ataque (masculine) cardíaco or al corazónle dio un ataquehe's suffered several attacks of malariaha tenido malaria varias vecesan anxiety attackun ataque de ansiedadOraciones de ejemplo
- There was a past history of migraine attacks and bouts of coughing.
- The illness results in recurrent attacks of chills and fever and can be deadly.
- Collins suffered from severe attacks of a rheumatic illness which caused him great pain, only relieved by the use of opium.
- 2 uncountable and countable (part of team) (British) (Sport)Oraciones de ejemplo
- It pitched the team with the finest defence against the team with the finest attack.
- Nel added that the South African team had a different attack, with different dimensions, for the last Test.
- Man of the Match went to Paula Clayton who led the attack and was a central player in an excellent team performance.
- 1 1.1(army/target/government/policy)I felt I was being attacked
atacarme sentí agredidaOraciones de ejemplo
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The government deployed additional military forces to attack terrorist strongholds.
- While the band was waiting for authorization to enter the States as working musicians, terrorists attacked the World Trade Centre.
- The Blackfoot became respected as an aggressive military force, attacking and destroying several trading posts in their territory.
Oraciones de ejemplo1.2
- Police said the man was shot and killed when he attempted to attack police.
- She also assured us that the jaguar is not a man-eater - in fact there are no recorded cases of a person being attacked or killed by a jaguar in an unprovoked situation.
- But immediately after the elections violence broke out and several houses were set on fire and people were attacked and killed.
(rust/disease) (harm) atacarOraciones de ejemplo
- The play was fiercely attacked by critics and made headline news in the tabloids.
- She is now making a television programme which attacks those who oppose fox hunting.
- He was fiercely attacked, and even some figures who privately sympathized with his views were too cowed to defend him publicly.
- Leaves attacked by insects or disease, on the other hand, die under duress, spotted and curled.
- The lack of nutrients in the white-sand soil means that plants cannot afford to be attacked by insects, because lost leaf tissue is difficult to replace.
- Relieving stress made sense to me because in my work I had seen that plants under stress were the ones most likely to be attacked by diseases and pests.
- 2 2.1 (begin enthusiastically)(food)
acometerOraciones de ejemplo2.2 (deal with)
- Is there something that you would suggest be put in place that would begin to attack that problem?
- Overnight some of the mail team began attacking the problem.
- If we truly want to effect change on an aging business practice and culture, we need to attack the problem from both within and without.
intransitive verb(Military, Sport)
- 2also: attacking present participle(forces)
de ataque(strategy)the team plays good attacking football
de ataqueel equipo tiene un buen juego ofensivo
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Ayuda gramatical y de uso para el español:
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda