Traducción de attack en español:
- 1 1.1 countable or uncountable (physical, verbal) to launch an attackterrorist attackslanzar un ataquea three-pronged attackatentados (masculine plural) terroristasattack is the best form of defenseun ataque en tres frentesattackel ataque es la mejor defensa
on/ againstsomething/somebodyto come/be under attackataque a/ contraalgo/alguientraditional values are under attackser atacadoto return to the attack to go over to the attacklos valores tradicionales se ven amenazadosthe division had left itself open to attack from the rearpasar al ataquethis policy leaves them open to attack from the oppositionla retaguardia de la división había quedado al descubiertoesta política los expone a los ataques de la oposiciónOraciones de ejemplo
Oraciones de ejemplo1.2 countable (Medicine) asthma/panic attack
- They were shot as they launched an attack on the police station using guns and a bomb in the bucket of a mechanical digger.
- Last week, terrorists launched an attack on government facilities in Saudi Arabia.
- Five teenagers have been charged following an attack on a police officer which left him needing 10 stitches to his head.
heart attackataque (masculine) de asma/pánicoshe had o suffered an attackataque (masculine) cardíaco or al corazónhe's suffered several attacks of malariale dio un ataquean anxiety attackha tenido malaria varias vecesun ataque de ansiedadOraciones de ejemplo
- His sporadic cinematic output has been combined with fierce public attacks on the general media situation.
- The Opposition Leader intensified his attack on the Prime Minister, insisting he had lied to the public.
- In a fierce attack on both Labour and the Tories, he urged all parties to reach a consensus on how the NHS should be managed.
- There was a past history of migraine attacks and bouts of coughing.
- The illness results in recurrent attacks of chills and fever and can be deadly.
- Collins suffered from severe attacks of a rheumatic illness which caused him great pain, only relieved by the use of opium.
- 2 uncountable and countable (part of team)(British English) (Sport)Oraciones de ejemplo
- It pitched the team with the finest defence against the team with the finest attack.
- Nel added that the South African team had a different attack, with different dimensions, for the last Test.
- Man of the Match went to Paula Clayton who led the attack and was a central player in an excellent team performance.
- 1 1.1(army/target/government/policy)I felt I was being attacked1.2me sentí agredida(rust/disease) (harm)Oraciones de ejemplo
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Leaves attacked by insects or disease, on the other hand, die under duress, spotted and curled.
- The lack of nutrients in the white-sand soil means that plants cannot afford to be attacked by insects, because lost leaf tissue is difficult to replace.
- Relieving stress made sense to me because in my work I had seen that plants under stress were the ones most likely to be attacked by diseases and pests.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The government deployed additional military forces to attack terrorist strongholds.
- While the band was waiting for authorization to enter the States as working musicians, terrorists attacked the World Trade Centre.
- The Blackfoot became respected as an aggressive military force, attacking and destroying several trading posts in their territory.
- The play was fiercely attacked by critics and made headline news in the tabloids.
- She is now making a television programme which attacks those who oppose fox hunting.
- He was fiercely attacked, and even some figures who privately sympathized with his views were too cowed to defend him publicly.
- 2 2.1 (begin enthusiastically)(food)(task)2.2 (deal with)(problem/poverty)Oraciones de ejemplo
- Is there something that you would suggest be put in place that would begin to attack that problem?
- Overnight some of the mail team began attacking the problem.
- If we truly want to effect change on an aging business practice and culture, we need to attack the problem from both within and without.
intransitive verb(Military, Sport)
- 1.1 1.2also: attacking present participle(forces)de ataque(strategy)the team plays good attacking footballde ataqueel equipo tiene un buen juego ofensivoOraciones de ejemplo
- Police said the man was shot and killed when he attempted to attack police.
- She also assured us that the jaguar is not a man-eater - in fact there are no recorded cases of a person being attacked or killed by a jaguar in an unprovoked situation.
- But immediately after the elections violence broke out and several houses were set on fire and people were attacked and killed.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Ayuda gramatical y de uso para el español:
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en India
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In Spain, a geographical, social, and culturally homogeneous region, with a clear natural or administrative demarcation is called a comarca. Comarcas are normally smaller than