Traducción de balance en español:
- 1 countable/numerable (apparatus) balanza (feminine) to be o hang in the balance estar* en el aire, estar* pendiente de un hilo tip2 1 1 1Oraciones de ejemplo
- The atomic weight of an element - the quantity chemists could weigh with scales and balances - depends on the number of protons and neutrons, which have virtually equal masses.
- In 1669 he invented the Roberval balance which is now almost universally used for weighing scales of the balance type.
- By application of substitution weighing some systematic errors of the beam balance are omitted.
- 2 uncountable/no numerable 2.1 (physical) equilibrio (masculine) to keep/lose one's balance mantener*/perder* el equilibrio the blow caught him off balance el golpe lo agarró or (Spain/España) lo cogió desprevenido to throw sb off balance (disconcert) desconcertar* a algn (lit: topple) hacer* que algn pierda el equilibrio 2.2 uncountable/no numerable (equilibrium) equilibrio (masculine) the wheel is out of balance [Cars/Automovilismo] la rueda está desequilibrada or (in Latin America also/en América Latina también) desbalanceada mental balance equilibrio mental the balance of power el equilibrio político or de poder, la correlación de fuerzas the Liberals hold the balance of power los Liberales son el partido bisagra to achieve/maintain a balance lograr/mantener* un equilibrio to redress the balance restablecer* el equilibrio to strike a balance dar* con el justo medioOraciones de ejemplo
Oraciones de ejemplo2.3 uncountable/no numerable (in artistic composition) equilibrio (masculine)
- What is the correct balance between avoiding discriminatory employment practices and giving good customer service and applying good old common sense?
- Reasonable and accurate perceptions, therefore, are key to striking the correct balance between work and procrastination.
- The strategic issue for a country's leadership is to decide what is the correct balance between guns and butter.
Oraciones de ejemplo2.4 [Audio] balance (masculine)
- Religious certitude, for many fundamentalists, is the portal to cognitive balance and emotional stability.
- When your emotional balance stabilizes, you may think differently.
- With the sudden highs and disturbing lows, especially in the fragile lives of young celebs, mental peace and balance is hard to maintain.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Myers has created a place where opposites meet and strike a natural, harmonious balance.
- Raphael absorbed the classical qualities of harmony, clarity and balance which were always after associated with him.
- This portrait visualized the sense of order and balance, by the organization of line, expression of the figure and his gesture.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The Nighthawk uses touchpad controls for power, volume and sound balance.
- It was taped at the Royal Festival Hall on the 18th of September 1983 in immaculate sound and balance.
- Many portions of Tchaikovsky's Fourth benefit from a lighter sound and more balance among sections.
- Judo, I have been told, is all about exploiting subtle changes in balance and weight distribution.
- The vertical semi-circular canals of the human ear are very large (unlike those of apes), to enable upright balance.
- If your bridge elbow is locked, this is a sure sign of of poor balance and weight distribution.
- 3 countable/numerable (counterweight) balance (
tosth) contrapeso (masculine)( aalgo)Oraciones de ejemplo
- Allow centrifugal force to provide balance while both skates tip onto their left edges in the turn.
- Disparate methods for defining force and torque balances and for calculating the mass balance of receptors therefore result.
- The three-way balance between centrifugal force, Coriolos force, and the pressure-gradient force is called the gradient flow.
- 4 countable/numerable [Finance] 4.1 (in accounting) balance (masculine) closing balance balance final or de cierre balance carried down o forward remanente (masculine) a cuenta nueva on balance, the changes have been beneficial a fin de cuentas, los cambios han resultado beneficiosos the balance of the evidence las pruebas consideradas en su conjunto the balance of opinion la opinión general 4.2(bank balance)saldo (masculine) credit balance saldo acreedor 4.3 (difference, remainder) resto (masculine); (of sum of money) saldo (masculine) balance outstanding saldo pendienteOraciones de ejemplo
Oraciones de ejemplo
- It therefore set off without notice the credit balance in the current account against the sum due under the loan account.
- The credit balance in your current account offsets your mortgage debt, reducing your interest bill even more.
- This reflects the myth that the trust funds' balances represent an asset.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- That means that your payments won't touch the new charges until your original balance transfer has been paid off.
- You must pay this fee even if you pay off your balance when your credit card bill arrives.
- I juggled five credit cards in college and always paid the entire balance on time each month.
- To get days off, he continually dips his hands into his quickly dwindling leave balance.
- Sitting at the end of the longest of three piers, our feet dangling off the edge, we spent the balance of the hour watching it arrive.
- Any squad member violating this rule will be dismissed from his or her respective squad for the balance of that particular season.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1 1.1 [load] equilibrar; [object] mantener* or sostener* en equilibrio he put out his arms to balance himself extendió los brazos para no perder el equilibrio 1.2 [Cars/Automovilismo] [wheel] equilibrar, balancear (Latin America/América Latina) 1.3 (counteract) servir* de contrapeso a 1.4 (weigh up) sopesarto balance sth
againststh you have to balance the risks against the likely profit tienes que sopesar los riesgos y los posibles beneficios
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
Verbos con partícula
balance out verb + adverb/verbo + adverbio compensarse it all balances out in the end al final una cosa compensa la otra 1.1verb + object + adverb, verb + adverb + object/verbo + complemento + adverbio, verbo + adverbio + complemento compensar the losses and the gains balance one another out las pérdidas y las ganancias se compensan
balance up verb + object + adverb/verbo + complemento + adverbio 1.1 (weigh up) sopesar 1.2 (even out, make level) igualar 1.1verb + adverb/verbo + adverbio (add up) [figures] cuadrar
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en Malasia
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Sherry is produced in an area of chalky soil known as albariza lying between the towns of Puerto de Santa María, Sanlúcar de Barrameda, and Jerez de la Frontera in Cádiz province. It is from Jerez that sherry takes its English name. Sherries, made from grape varieties including Palomino and Pedro Ximénez, are drunk worldwide as an aperitif, and in Spain as an accompaniment to