Traducción de barrel en español:
- 1 1.1 (container) a barrel of laughswe had a barrel of laughsnos divertimos muchísimoit wasn't exactly a barrel of laughsno fue lo que se dice muy divertidoto be like shooting fish in a barrel (American English)ser pan comido [colloquial]to have somebody over a barreltener a alguien entre la espada y la paredto scrape (the bottom of) the barrelno quedarle a uno más recursoshave you seen her new boyfriend? she's really scraping the barrel!¿has visto con quién sale ahora? ¡tiene que estar muy desesperada!this channel is really scraping the bottom of the barrelsolo dan basura por este canalOraciones de ejemplo1.2 (measure of oil)
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Transfer to a wooden barrel or similar container and leave to cool down to a temperature of around 16 degrees Celsius.
- Use what you have - rocks, broken-up concrete, logs, old metal barrels or even sawhorses.
- There were cobwebs and old wooden crates and barrels scattered carelessly about; evidently, this place had once been used for storage.
- Annual capacity would be 200,000 tonnes, equivalent to 1.7 million barrels or 1.97 million hectolitres of beer.
- The tanker Jessica - carrying some 7700 barrels of fuel - ran aground on Tuesday.
- By 1911 the Moturoa oilfield had three wells producing around 110 barrels of oil a week.
- 2 2.1 (of handgun)(of cannon) tubo (masculine)Oraciones de ejemplo2.2 (of pen) 2.3 (of lock)
- They are the Mom and Dad and kids walking to work or school while looking for a gun barrel pointed at them from a white van.
- On the shallow side of the bridge we found the C gun turret, its barrel pointed slightly down towards the deck.
- The Rakais warrior brought the heavy barrel of the rail gun to bear on the armor not more than a hundred meters from his position and pressed a small switch on the weapon's handle.
transitive verb (British English) -ll-
embarrilarOraciones de ejemplo
- Barreling your beer is much less messy and time-consuming than using bottles.
- The natural pressure will build up during the secondary fermentation, caused by the addition of priming sugar and barreling the beer before the yeast has died.
- All waste oil is barreled for pick up by a waste oil burning company.
intransitive verb (British English) -ll-
- (move fast) (American English) [colloquial]we were barreling down the roadíbamos disparados por la carreteraíbamos como bólidos por la carretera [colloquial]Oraciones de ejemplo
- The idea would have been appealing, had we not been traveling at 65 mph on the highway, with tractor-trailers barreling along beside us.
- They were barreling along much like monkeys, swinging their legs forward then their arms, hissing and screeching the entire time.
- The driver lost control and barrelled off the road narrowly missing one of the other jeeps as he did.
Verbos con partícula
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda