noun plural basses(Music)
- 1 uncountable (voice) to sing basstener voz de bajoOraciones de ejemplo
- She looked into the depths of the dark eyes that only she could see, and listened to the songs that he sang in his deep bass voice, which only she could hear.
- He acquired his nickname singing the bass harmony second voice.
- The truck driver joined in, his low bass voice singing with me about how feeling good could be easy… it could.
- 2 countable (singer, part)Oraciones de ejemplo
Oraciones de ejemplo
- He is a strong, imposing bass who also lends character to the performance.
- The soloists are excellent too; only the bass sounds a little weather-beaten.
- The society is currently looking for tenors basses, altos and sopranos to join the adult choir.
- As well as such characteristic features of the Baroque pastoral as drone basses and melodies harmonized in 3rds and 6ths, pastorellas include rhythmic and melodic elements probably deriving from folk music.
- In the original music for chorus, basses have something better to do than to hold a note.
- It begins with the bass stating the melody and features a shifting arrangement that allows everyone a chance to solo.
- 3 countable (instrument)Oraciones de ejemplo
- In the orchestra, she plays two musical instruments: the bass clarinet and piccolo clarinet.
- We also have access to other instruments, including cor anglais, bass clarinet, cello, organ and voice.
- Can you advise me on how I can persuade him to take up a real instrument like say the bass trombone?
- 4 uncountable (Audio)Oraciones de ejemplo
- It was a sight to see the inmates showing interest in the proceedings and enjoying the heavy bass of music that boomed out through speakers.
- Low-frequency bass is sent to all the channels, giving you that you-are-there feeling.
- There is an audible buzz throughout, and any bass in the music breaks apart into a dreadful fuzzy haze.
noun plural bass(Zoology)
- 1also: sea bassOraciones de ejemplo
- All bass are fine game fishes, with tournaments being held regularly.
- The fish killed included bass, roach, eels and fluke when the temperature soared to twenty six degrees Centigrade.
- On the Grass river you can fly fish for small mouth bass, pike, muskies and salmon.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda