- (Sport)(in baseball, cricket) bate (masculine)to be at bat (in baseball) (US)ser bateadoroff one's own bat (British)(de) motu proprioright off the bat (US) to go to bat for somebody (US)
por su ( or mi etc. ) cuenta
por iniciativa propiaecharle una mano a alguiento play a straight bat (British)andarse con pies de plomoOraciones de ejemplo
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Well, it turns out nobody officially tests balls hit by aluminum bats under game conditions.
- There is no evidence of an ancestor of Billiards prior to this time, unless you do lower your criteria to count all the other games played with bats, balls and skittles.
- He generates the best bat speed in the game and hits balls harder than any other batter.
- The first was left and the second caused a defensive prod in the middle of the bat, bringing loud applause from the crowd.
- Ironically, in our innings we only called upon three of our bats.
- But we didn't start well with the bat, and there wasn't enough hardness in the middle order.
intransitive verb present participle batting past tense, past participle batted
transitive verb present participle batting past tense, past participle batted
- 1 (hit)(ball/balloon)
darle aOraciones de ejemplo
Oraciones de ejemplo
- We almost got out of the inning on our own, but mercifully, the other team had batted through the lineup, which meant it was our turn to bat.
- Frankly, the team batted worse than it did in the first innings at Lahore.
- The Indian team batted perfectly, bowled like champions and fielded like tigers.
- Laurie put the small box down on a flat rock and teasingly batted Gil's hand away as he knelt down and tried to reach inside for a sandwich.
- She was beckoning to me, looking around anxiously, and I was batting people out of the way, but as I approached I saw her look up at someone beside her.
- I pushed through them like I was running through some forest batting the tree limbs out of the way.
Verbos con partícula
- 2 (hag) [colloquial]old batOraciones de ejemplo
- But then the old bat did go on a bit - 30 minutes of complaining after the effect when last night she could have just asked us to quiet down and then have had no cause for complaint.
- So how's about you head over there right this very second and wish the old bat a happy birthday, hmmm?
- Ok, now that I've put that side of her character in perspective, you must be wondering why I like the old bat?
- (flutter)to bat one's eyelashes or (British) eyelids at somebodyhacerle ojitos or caídas de ojo a alguiennot to bat an eyelash or (British) an eyelid or an eyeno pestañearshe listened to his outburst without batting an eyelid
no inmutarseescuchó sus exabruptos sin pestañear or sin inmutarseOraciones de ejemplo
- She was batting her eyelashes at Rick in an extremely flirtatious manner.
- She batted her eyelashes in the most flirtatious manner she could muster.
- To Todd she spoke more flirtatiously, batting her eyelashes and pressing up against the locker next to his.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda