Traducción de beam en español:
- 1 1.1 (in building) viga (feminine); (in ship) bao (masculine); [Sport/Deporte] barra (feminine) sueca or de equilibrioExample sentences
- With sturdy metal beams as their building blocks, architects and engineers could erect monumental skyscrapers hundreds of feet in the air.
- The slab is designed as a continuous plate supported by the floor beams and edge girders.
- Here, behind the building's exposed beams, Sze stacked scores of small white jewelry boxes into precarious ziggurats.
Example sentences1.2 (widest part of ship) manga (feminine) on the port/starboard beam a babor/estribor to be broad in the beam [colloquial/familiar] ser* culón [colloquial/familiar], tener* un buen trasero [colloquial/familiar]
- Good in all exercises, but excels on the asymmetrical bars and the beam.
- The team was impressive especially on beam where gymnasts after gymnast nailed difficult combinations.
- I think they were especially successful in the floor exercises, the beam and the vaults.
Example sentences1.3 (of scales) astil (masculine)
- One part of the outer hull is punctured by a support beam from the larger ship.
- Startled, I jerked my hand away, smacking my head on one of the upper deck's support beams in the process.
- It is mounted on a support beam under my rear deck.
- She was constructed of teak and reported as being 84 tons, 56 feet in length and having a beam of 18 feet 6 inches.
- She is one hundred and sixty eight feet in length, twenty four feet across the beam and weighs 330 tons.
- With her three pearl white parallel hulls she had a 25-foot beam.
- The most usual Irish term for a balance in general, and also for the beam of a balance, was meadh [ma], which is the word in use at the present day.
- Directions indicated by the beam of a balance or a hanging plummet are called horizontal or vertical, respectively.
- The original form of a weighing scale consisted of a beam with a fulcrum at its center.
- 2 2.1 (ray) rayo (masculine); (broad) haz (masculine) de luz a beam of light un rayo de luz keep the headlights on high o (British English/inglés británico) full o main beam [Cars/Automovilismo] deja las (luces) largas or (Chile) altas to align the beams [Cars/Automovilismo] alinear los faros 2.2 [Radio] haz (masculine) de radiofaro to be off (the) beam estar* equivocado he's way off (the) beam if he thinks that está totalmente equivocado si piensa eso to be on the beam her predictions were right on the beam sus predicciones resultaron totalmente acertadas you're right on the beam! ¡has dado en el clavo! [colloquial/familiar]Example sentences
- In addition to detecting enemy aircraft, the radar beam also echoed from precipitation, which proved a valuable tool in war planning.
- Radar detectors do just what their name implies - they detect the radar beams that are emitted from a police officer or state trooper's radar guns.
- The beams would guide a pilot to the airstrip, but in conditions of zero visibility, they did not provide altitude.
- He had a touch of Jennifer Lopez's Latin good looks, but was less broad in the beam.
- Annick is, to use one of my mother's expressions, a little broad in the beam.
- She is, at 53, shorter than you'd expect, broad in the beam and still so extravagantly beautiful she appears unreal.
- As he stepped into a dim beam of light, I could make out his face; the face of a tortured man whose entire life had been called into question.
- Natural light seeps through to every sump, and it is magical to drift through the maze of stalactites studded with reflective crystals, the light dancing in the beams of our torches.
- Lighthouses are like isolated watchmen, flashing their warning beam of light in the night sky.
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1.1 (broadcast) transmitir 1.2 (express by smile) he beamed a welcome sonrió en señal de bienvenida
Verbos con partícula
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The Distrito Federal is a district of central Mexico, the seat of the federal government. It includes most of Mexico City and its suburbs, and comes under the direct supervision of the Mexican president.