Traducción de beard en español:
- 1.1 (of person) barba (feminine) a man with a beard un hombre con or de barba, un barbudo, un barbas [colloquial/familiar] to have o wear a beard tener* barba two/three days' (growth of) beard una barba de dos/tres días stop mumbling into your beard! ¡deja de hablar entre dientes!Example sentences1.2 [Zoology/Zoología] barbas (feminine plural)
- They contain more blood than essence in men, and thus promote the growth of the beard and body hair.
- Euthenas giggled as the whiskery hairs of his beard tickled her cheeks.
- The two six-year-old boys described the man who approached them as white, aged about 40, with some beard growth on his chin.
Example sentences1.3 [Botany/Botánica] arista (feminine)
- Most of them show an animal with cloven hoofs and a beard like a goat, or sometimes a mane like a horse.
- The small head is solid gold in colour, with a happy, playful expression, wide square jaw and a red beard.
- The tail is short and tipped with black; ears have long black tufts and cheeks have long pale ruffs which form a pointed beard at the throat.
Example sentences1.4 (pretend girlfriend)[ mujer que acompaña a un homosexual a un evento social a fin de ocultar su homosexualidad ]
- Turkey beards (likened to human scalps) were used for some of the vertical elements of traditional Osage hair roaches.
- The beard and whiskers are white or grey, the forehead band and mane are white to yellow-white.
- A bird shot by a 9-year-old of Lebanon set new Oregon state records for weight, beard length and overall score.
- I've named it after Henri Becquerel in honour of the plant's peculiar beard.
- Decorate each ‘ear’ with two leaves and spun sugar to resemble corn beards.
- The beard and branches are cut off to leave only the best part of the ginseng, however the head is left on for consumers to better assess the quality of the herb.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- [literary/literario] desafiar*
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The current Spanish Constitution (Constitución Española) was approved in the