- 1.1 (of person) barba (feminine) a man with a beard un hombre con or de barba, un barbudo, un barbas [colloquial/familiar] to have o wear a beard tener* barba two/three days' (growth of) beard una barba de dos/tres días stop mumbling into your beard! ¡deja de hablar entre dientes!Más ejemplos en oraciones1.2 [Zoology/Zoología] barbas (feminine plural)
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- They contain more blood than essence in men, and thus promote the growth of the beard and body hair.
- Euthenas giggled as the whiskery hairs of his beard tickled her cheeks.
- The two six-year-old boys described the man who approached them as white, aged about 40, with some beard growth on his chin.
Más ejemplos en oraciones1.3 [Botany/Botánica] arista (feminine)
- Most of them show an animal with cloven hoofs and a beard like a goat, or sometimes a mane like a horse.
- The small head is solid gold in colour, with a happy, playful expression, wide square jaw and a red beard.
- The tail is short and tipped with black; ears have long black tufts and cheeks have long pale ruffs which form a pointed beard at the throat.
Más ejemplos en oraciones1.4 (pretend girlfriend)[ mujer que acompaña a un homosexual a un evento social a fin de ocultar su homosexualidad ]
- Turkey beards (likened to human scalps) were used for some of the vertical elements of traditional Osage hair roaches.
- The beard and whiskers are white or grey, the forehead band and mane are white to yellow-white.
- A bird shot by a 9-year-old of Lebanon set new Oregon state records for weight, beard length and overall score.
- I've named it after Henri Becquerel in honour of the plant's peculiar beard.
- Decorate each ‘ear’ with two leaves and spun sugar to resemble corn beards.
- The beard and branches are cut off to leave only the best part of the ginseng, however the head is left on for consumers to better assess the quality of the herb.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- [literary/literario] desafiar*
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
The Chilean presidential palace in the capital, Santiago, is called Palacio de la Moneda.