Traducción de belief en español:
- 1.1 u and c (conviction, opinion) creencia (feminine) contrary to popular belief contrariamente a lo que comúnmente se cree or a la opinión generalizada to the best of my belief que yo sepa, a mi leal saber y entender it is my belief that he lied to us [formal] creo que nos mintió she acted in the belief that … actuó convencida de que or en la creencia de que … their attitude irritated me beyond belief su actitud me irritó increíblemente or sobremaneraExample sentences
Example sentences1.2 uncountable/no numerable (confidence) belief
- I do not suffer fools gladly and I have been known to be opinionated and defend my beliefs strongly.
- Human beings are worthy of the highest respect, but not all opinions and beliefs are worthy of respect and tolerance.
- Language can be used to distort our beliefs and opinion of an individual.
- As it's quite a religious belief, many people don't believe there is an Afterlife.
- It invoked religious beliefs not only to understand different histories but also to change it.
- I wanted to learn more about the traditional core beliefs of Japanese religious life.
insb/sth confianza (feminine) or fe (feminine) enalgn/algo worthy of belief [formal] digno de créditoExample sentences1.3 u and c [Religion/Religión] fe (feminine) the miracle served to strengthen his belief el milagro fortaleció su fe people of different beliefs gente de distinta fe or de distintas creencias he did not share her belief in God a diferencia de ella, él no creía en Dios
- In times of stress or pain many of us derive comfort from a strong and deep-rooted belief in our faith.
- What the team is short of most of all is self confidence and belief in their own ability.
- My strength is my confidence and belief in my ability, and the manner in which I back myself.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The Premios Goya del cine español is the Spanish equivalent of Oscars, awarded in January every year by the AACC (Academia de las Artes y las Ciencias Cinematográficas de España). The winners receive a bust of the painter Goya.