- 1 1.1 (invoice) telephone bill1.2 (in restaurant) 1.3 (costs)la cuenta or (in Spain also) el recibo del teléfonowe have to reduce our wage billgastos (masculine plural)the telephone bill is still too hightenemos que reducir los gastos de personaltenemos que reducir el rubro salarios (Latin America)to foot the billlo que gastamos en teléfono es aún demasiadoOraciones de ejemplo
- There were receipts, hospital bills and written statements attesting to court decisions in cases both filed by the protesters and brought against them.
- A stickler for detail, Goring actually reads the fine print on all her bills and credit cards statements to make sure she isn't being overcharged.
- This can allow you to check your balance, view past transactions, pay bills and transfer money between accounts.
- 2 (Finance) 2.1 (banknote)(American English)a dollar bill2.2→ bill of exchangeun billete de un dólarOraciones de ejemplo
- He had laid the mail on the table already, bills and bank notes separated from his own personal correspondence.
- She quickly withdrew money from her backpack, folding two ten dollar bills into her pocket.
- Gordon dug in a leather wallet and procured nineteen ten-dollar bills.
- 3 (draft of law)Oraciones de ejemplo
- Within a few weeks a draft bill was presented to parliament; it had two clauses later to become sections 1 and 2 of the Act of 1916.
- Last week, a private members' bill was presented to Parliament calling for a ban on masts near classrooms and homes.
- The government has presented around 30 bills to the parliament, which it wants to pass rapidly during final two weeks of August.
- 4 4.1 (poster) [dated] post o (in British English also) stick no bills 4.2 (program) to head o top the billto fill o (in British English also) fit the billencabezar el repartodo you know of anyone who would fill the bill?reunir las condicionessatisfacer los requisitosthat would fill the bill admirably¿conoces a alguien que reúna las condiciones or satisfaga los requisitos?eso sería idealOraciones de ejemplo
Oraciones de ejemplo
- It can put you top of the bill at the theatre, if it wasn't for Boycie I wouldn't be doing that.
- Top of the bill is a recital at 3pm in the Sensory Gardens by the Army Band conducted by Captain Mark Armstrong.
- The concert will feature a host of local entertainers and top of the bill will be the widely acclaimed Clare singer Larry Mc Evoy.
- Traffic signboards are blatantly misused for sticking posters and bills.
- Well, first we did some illegal bill postering and then we stole some milk crates.
- No controls existed, and as a result adverts and theatre bills were plastered on every available space - hoardings, end walls of buildings, fences.
- 5 (certificate) Ver ejemplos: bill of indictment(escrito de acusación presentado a un jurado)bill of lading bill of salea clean bill of health (favorable report)contrato (masculine) or escritura (feminine) de ventael visto bueno(Nautical)to sell somebody a bill of goods (American English) [colloquial]certificado (masculine) or patente (feminine) de sanidaddarle or (Chile) pasarle or (Colombia) meterle gato por liebre a alguien [colloquial]Oraciones de ejemplo
- The flukes will be buried into the seabed. The very tip of a fluke is sometimes called the bill.
- Each of the plurality of flukes may be provided with an inwardly sloped bill segment at a distal end of the fluke.
- The shank is hinged at the center of the crown, centerpiece, which has two pointed bills, designed to withstand great tension.
- 1 (invoice, charge) (Business)to bill somebodypasarle la cuenta or la factura a
foro (in American English also) onsomethingpasarle a alguien la cuenta or la factura por algoOraciones de ejemplo
- Last year it settled charges that it illegally billed excessive fees and violated consumer protection regulations.
- He believes that billed revenue this year will be four times last year's figure.
- I hadn't given anyone my number in this town, except the usual people who bill my living expenses.
- 2 (advertise, announce)(play/performer)it's being billed as the fight of the centuryla están anunciando como la pelea del sigloOraciones de ejemplo
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The result - when the allure of the biggie DJ wears thin, as it has recently, there's nothing to fill the gaps between the next highly billed event.
- Further spice is added with the event being billed in some quarters as a battle royal between Manchester and Merseyside.
- Navin Samarasinghe also entered the final of the men's open event where he is billed to do battle with the hardened Janaka Suwaris.
- Even the advertising campaign on television is billing the tie as a massacre, happily chirruping: ‘If you thought the cricket was bad…‘
- In 1870 the birds were billed as ‘doomed to certain extinction ‘and by 1977 they seemed technically extinct.’
- Now the actual work is billed as ‘Fa'afafine ’, so there will be people coming to this show expecting to learn more about fa'afine.
- 1 (beak)Oraciones de ejemplo
- The American Coot is a medium-sized bird with a white bill, yellow legs, and lobed toes.
- Like wrens, these birds are insectivorous soft bills, and seeds can seriously damage their beaks and digestive systems.
- Actually, I've been planning a whole column devoted just to birds' bills and their feet, so I won't say much about them here.
- 2 (of cap)(American English)Oraciones de ejemplo
- Side A has team logo embroidery on front and Nike Swoosh embroidery on bill while side B has team logo and Nike Swoosh on front.
- Reversible hat features velcro adjustable strap, shapeable bill and logos on all sides.
- The Chicago Cap was the same shape as the Parti-Colored Cap, but featured horizontal (rather than vertical) stripes and a solid-colored bill.
- to bill and cooestar como dos tortolitosOraciones de ejemplo
- Two birds, perfectly white, pink-beaked, dark-eyed, pigeons, settled on the ledge outside my window, billing and cooing as birds will in spring.
- Reaching into the past, it must recall words that will fire up the cell cycle and motivate the dormant; billing and cooing, it must recruit and educate the immature.
- Milou and Squawk, two young males, are also beginning to exhibit courtship behavior, hanging out with each other, billing and bowing.
- (British English) [slang]the (old) Bill (the police)Oraciones de ejemplo
- The police were named the Old Bill after the act of parliament that empowered them.
- So once again, it was the poor Old Bill that got it in the neck, rather than the CPS which was at least an equal partner in the process.
- Shop workers swap tills for the old Bill to stop thieves.
Definición de bill en:
- Diccionario Inglés británico e internacional
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en Malasia
Muy popular en India
Muy popular en Pakistán
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Mezcal is an alcoholic drink similar to