- 1 1.1 countable/numerable (plank) tabla (feminine), tablón (masculine)(floorboard)tabla (feminine) (del suelo) as stiff as a board más tieso que un palo or que una tabla to tread the boards pisar las tablasMás ejemplos en oraciones1.2 uncountable/no numerable (material) a piece of board una plancha [ (de conglomerado etc) ] 1.3 countable/numerable (for chopping etc) tabla (feminine) (de madera) 1.4 countable/numerable
(circuit board)placa (feminine) base main o mother board placa (feminine) madre
- Rusted sheet metal, asphaltic roofing, old boards, or slate tiles are other roofing alternatives.
- The rough stucco was replaced with random-length tongue-and-groove boards to create an old-fashioned look.
- Nail or screw down loose boards or fittings, and clean all the gaps thoroughly.
- 2 countable/numerable(diving board)2.1 trampolín (masculine) 2.2 (for surfing, windsurfing) tabla (feminine) (de surf)Más ejemplos en oraciones2.3
(dartboard)diana (feminine) 2.4 [Games/Juegos] tablero (masculine) to sweep the board arrasar con or llevarse todos los premiosMás ejemplos en oraciones
- A board fastened to your feet enables jumps and elaborate tricks to be carried out.
- Well basically it's sky-diving with a board fixed to your feet.
- The sport combines elements of surfing on a board with the added dimension of a kite.
- In the game, players take turns to push coins up a board with horizontal lines across it.
- As time passed, the game evolved, with boards consisting of 10x10 and later 13x13 grids at different periods while the number of stones increased.
- Sadly, most of the game boards have been damaged beyond recognition.
- 3 countable/numerable 3.1(noticeboard)tablero (masculine) or (Spain/España) tablón (masculine) de anuncios 3.2 (sign) letrero (masculine), cartel (masculine) 3.3(scoreboard)marcador (masculine) 3.4 (blackboard) pizarra (feminine), pizarrón (masculine) (Latin America/América Latina) , tablero (masculine) (Colombia) 3.5 (at airport, station) panel (masculine), tablero (masculine)
- 4 countable/numerable 4.1 (committee) junta (feminine), consejo (masculine) the school's board of governors el consejo directivo del colegio, el consejo escolar 4.2 (administrative body) the Water/Gas Board la compañía del agua/gas 4.3board (of directors) [Business/Comercio] junta (feminine) directiva, directorio (masculine), consejo (masculine) de administración 4.4 (of examiners) tribunal (masculine)Más ejemplos en oraciones
- At a meeting of 14 board members, the decision was taken unanimously to organize a street demonstration.
- Most corporations paid directors for attending board and committee meetings.
- All the decisions taken were fully informed decisions of a conscientiously acting board or body of trustees.
- 6 uncountable/no numerable (in phrases/en locuciones) across the board (uniformly, without exceptions) they have promised to reduce taxation across the board han prometido una reducción general de impuestos they are demanding $120 across the board exigen un aumento de 120 dólares para todo el personal (before noun/delante del nombre) across-the-board general on board a bordo on board the ship/plane a bordo del barco/avión to go on board embarcarse* (before noun/delante del nombre) on-board de a bordo to go by the board all these precautions tend to go by the board todas estas precauciones suelen dejarse a un lado she allowed all her scruples to go by the board echó por la borda todos sus escrúpulos to take sth on board (British English/inglés británico) asumir algo [responsibility] asumir algo, hacerse* cargo de algo they wouldn't take him on board no querían aceptarlo a bordo see also aboveboard
- 7 countable/numerable (stock exchange) (American English/inglés norteamericano) [colloquial/familiar], bolsa (feminine)Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Those of you that were unemployed several years ago may remember display boards with attached hand written postcards advertising job vacancies.
- Desks were moved to the walls, books were placed in the appropriate places and the rules were written on the board.
- Mary is often forced to dodge missiles when she turns her back on her 31-member class to write on the board.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 2 (accommodate) hospedar
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
- 1 (go aboard) embarcar(se)*, abordar (Colombia) (Mexico/México)
Verbos con partícula
board out verb + object + adverb, verb + adverb + object/verbo + complemento + adverbio, verbo + adverbio + complemento hospedar 1.1verb + adverb/verbo + adverbio hospedarse
board upverb + object + adverb, verb + adverb + object/verbo + complemento + adverbio, verbo + adverbio + complemento cerrar* con tablas
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Today is the día de todos los santos, a day celebrated in many countries by honoring saints and, often, the departed. During this festival, Spanish people place flowers on the graves of loved ones.