Traducción de board en español:
- 1 1.1 countable (plank)also: floorboardas stiff as a boardto tread the boardsmás tieso que un palo or que una tablapisar las tablasOraciones de ejemplo1.2 uncountable (material) Ver ejemplos: a piece of board
1.3 countable (for chopping etc) 1.4 countableuna plancha((de conglomerado etc))also: circuit boardmain o mother board
- Rusted sheet metal, asphaltic roofing, old boards, or slate tiles are other roofing alternatives.
- The rough stucco was replaced with random-length tongue-and-groove boards to create an old-fashioned look.
- Nail or screw down loose boards or fittings, and clean all the gaps thoroughly.
- 2 countablealso: diving board2.1 2.2 (for surfing, windsurfing)Oraciones de ejemplo2.3
also: dartboard2.4 (Games) to sweep the boardarrasar con or llevarse todos los premiosOraciones de ejemplo
- A board fastened to your feet enables jumps and elaborate tricks to be carried out.
- Well basically it's sky-diving with a board fixed to your feet.
- The sport combines elements of surfing on a board with the added dimension of a kite.
- In the game, players take turns to push coins up a board with horizontal lines across it.
- As time passed, the game evolved, with boards consisting of 10x10 and later 13x13 grids at different periods while the number of stones increased.
- Sadly, most of the game boards have been damaged beyond recognition.
- 3 countable 3.1also: noticeboard3.2 (sign) 3.3tablero (masculine) or (Spain) tablón (masculine) de anunciosalso: scoreboard3.4 (blackboard) 3.5 (at airport, station)Oraciones de ejemplo
- Those of you that were unemployed several years ago may remember display boards with attached hand written postcards advertising job vacancies.
- Desks were moved to the walls, books were placed in the appropriate places and the rules were written on the board.
- Mary is often forced to dodge missiles when she turns her back on her 31-member class to write on the board.
- 4 countable 4.1 (committee) the school's board of governors4.2 (administrative body) Ver ejemplos: the Water/Gas Boardel consejo directivo del colegioel consejo escolar4.3board (of directors) (Business) 4.4 (of examiners)la compañía del agua/gasOraciones de ejemplo
- At a meeting of 14 board members, the decision was taken unanimously to organize a street demonstration.
- Most corporations paid directors for attending board and committee meetings.
- All the decisions taken were fully informed decisions of a conscientiously acting board or body of trustees.
- 6 uncountable (in phrases) across the board (uniformly, without exceptions)they have promised to reduce taxation across the boardthey are demanding $120 across the boardhan prometido una reducción general de impuestos(before noun) across-the-board on board on board the ship/planeexigen un aumento de 120 dólares para todo el personalto go on boarda bordo del barco/avión(before noun) on-boardembarcarseto go by the boardall these precautions tend to go by the boardde a bordoshe allowed all her scruples to go by the boardtodas estas precauciones suelen dejarse a un ladoto take something on board (British English)echó por la borda todos sus escrúpulosasumir algo(responsibility)they wouldn't take him on boardasumir algosee also → aboveboardno querían aceptarlo a bordo
- 1 1.1 (go aboard) Ver ejemplos: to board a ship the train was boarded by two policemen1.2 (in naval battle)dos policías subieron al trenOraciones de ejemplo
- Finally, I was able to board the ship and find my cabin, which it appeared I was sharing with a young Polish girl, Maria.
- He directed them to abandon ship and to board life rafts in the 25-foot seas.
- Finally, we got on a bus and boarded the aircraft.
- 2 (accommodate)Oraciones de ejemplo
- While raising her family she also used to board dogs and looked after injured animals for vets.
- The cowboys say the Master Street stable was the last large, affordable place for them to board their horses in the city.
- He was kept up to date with proceedings in the ring by John Clarke of the Irish National Stud, which boards the mare.
- 2 2.1 (be accommodated) Ver ejemplos:to board
withsomebody2.2 (at school)alojarse or hospedarse en casa de alguienestar internoestar pupilo (River Plate area)Oraciones de ejemplo
- Unlike Oxford rival Summer Fields, where most pupils board, at the Dragon day pupils are in the majority.
- These students board from Sunday night to Friday, going home for the weekend.
- At eight, Will starts boarding at Horris Hill prep school, taking piano lessons and finally becoming head chorister.
Verbos con partícula
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en Malasia
Muy popular en India
Muy popular en Pakistán
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Mezcal is an alcoholic drink similar to