Traducción de board en español:
- 1 1.1 countable (plank)also: floorboardas stiff as a boardmás tieso que un palo or que una tablato tread the boardspisar las tablasOraciones de ejemplo1.2 uncountable (material) a piece of board
una plancha ((de conglomerado etc))1.3 countable (for chopping etc)Oraciones de ejemplo1.4 countable
- Rusted sheet metal, asphaltic roofing, old boards, or slate tiles are other roofing alternatives.
- The rough stucco was replaced with random-length tongue-and-groove boards to create an old-fashioned look.
- Nail or screw down loose boards or fittings, and clean all the gaps thoroughly.
also: circuit boardmain o mother board
- In the game, players take turns to push coins up a board with horizontal lines across it.
- As time passed, the game evolved, with boards consisting of 10x10 and later 13x13 grids at different periods while the number of stones increased.
- Sadly, most of the game boards have been damaged beyond recognition.
- 2 countablealso: diving board2.1 2.2 (for surfing, windsurfing)Oraciones de ejemplo2.3
also: dartboard2.4 (Games) to sweep the boardarrasar con or llevarse todos los premios
- A board fastened to your feet enables jumps and elaborate tricks to be carried out.
- Well basically it's sky-diving with a board fixed to your feet.
- The sport combines elements of surfing on a board with the added dimension of a kite.
- 3 countable 3.1also: noticeboardtablero (masculine) de anuncios3.2 (sign)Oraciones de ejemplo3.3
also: scoreboard3.4 (blackboard) 3.5 (at airport, station)
- Those of you that were unemployed several years ago may remember display boards with attached hand written postcards advertising job vacancies.
- Desks were moved to the walls, books were placed in the appropriate places and the rules were written on the board.
- Mary is often forced to dodge missiles when she turns her back on her 31-member class to write on the board.
- 4 countable 4.1 (committee) the school's board of governorsel consejo directivo del colegio
el consejo escolarOraciones de ejemplo4.2 (administrative body) the Water/Gas Board
la compañía del agua/gas4.3board (of directors) (Business) 4.4 (of examiners)
- At a meeting of 14 board members, the decision was taken unanimously to organize a street demonstration.
- Most corporations paid directors for attending board and committee meetings.
- All the decisions taken were fully informed decisions of a conscientiously acting board or body of trustees.
- 6 uncountable (in phrases) across the board (uniformly, without exceptions)they have promised to reduce taxation across the boardhan prometido una reducción general de impuestosthey are demanding $120 across the boardexigen un aumento de 120 dólares para todo el personal(before noun) across-the-board on board on board the ship/planea bordo del barco/aviónto go on boardembarcarse(before noun) on-boardde a bordoto go by the boardall these precautions tend to go by the boardtodas estas precauciones suelen dejarse a un ladoshe allowed all her scruples to go by the boardechó por la borda todos sus escrúpulosto take something on board (British English)asumir algo(responsibility)they wouldn't take him on board
hacerse cargo de algono querían aceptarlo a bordosee also→ aboveboard
- 1 1.1 (go aboard) to board a ship the train was boarded by two policemendos policías subieron al trenOraciones de ejemplo1.2 (in naval battle)
- Finally, I was able to board the ship and find my cabin, which it appeared I was sharing with a young Polish girl, Maria.
- He directed them to abandon ship and to board life rafts in the 25-foot seas.
- Finally, we got on a bus and boarded the aircraft.
- 2 (accommodate)Oraciones de ejemplo
- While raising her family she also used to board dogs and looked after injured animals for vets.
- The cowboys say the Master Street stable was the last large, affordable place for them to board their horses in the city.
- He was kept up to date with proceedings in the ring by John Clarke of the Irish National Stud, which boards the mare.
- 2 2.1 (be accommodated)to board
withsomebodyalojarse or hospedarse en casa de alguien2.2 (at school)estar internoestar pupilo (River Plate area)Oraciones de ejemplo
- Unlike Oxford rival Summer Fields, where most pupils board, at the Dragon day pupils are in the majority.
- These students board from Sunday night to Friday, going home for the weekend.
- At eight, Will starts boarding at Horris Hill prep school, taking piano lessons and finally becoming head chorister.
Verbos con partícula
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda