- 1 (Technology)Oraciones de ejemplo
- Use only non-corrosive nails, bolts and screws to prevent staining.
- Screws, nails and bolts can all be used in the assembly of the components.
- Six million bolts hold the bridge together and not a single one has loosened since the bridge was opened in 1932.
- 2 2.1 (on door, window)Oraciones de ejemplo2.2 (on firearm) (Military)
Oraciones de ejemplo
- He reached through the hole in the door and slid the bolt on the inside.
- To reduce the risk of wandering, put a slide bolt high on every door that leads to the outside or to a stairwell, or use a deadbolt that requires a key.
- We quickly unload cases, leave them with our bags and personal belongings in the store room and lock the door with the sliding bolt and padlock.
- They replaced the missing bolt in the one rifle and supplied new magazines for the two Camp Reed guns.
- He pulled back the bolt of the rifle with a sharp snap to ready it.
- However, with conventional guns, the standing breech acts as a bolt sealing off the rear of the chamber.
- 3 3.1 (arrow) to shoot one's boltOraciones de ejemplo3.2bolt (of lightning) a bolt from the blue
un acontecimiento inesperadoOraciones de ejemplo
- Crossbow bolts and arrows passed like clouds across the face of the sun.
- Rich pulled the trigger of his crossbow and the bolt shot out.
- They took five shotguns, a longbow, arrows, a crossbow and bolts.
- A great bolt of white lightning flashed out of thin air.
- A small bolt of lightning flashes, and the thunder follows soon after.
- A bolt of lightning flashed across the horizon and lit the sky.
- 1 (fasten with bolt)atornillarthe tables are bolted to the floor
sujetar con un tornillo
sujetar con un pernolas mesas están sujetas con pernos al suelo or están atornilladas al suelo
- 2(door/window)the doors were locked and bolted
echarle el pestillo a
echarle el pasador a
echarle el cerrojo alas puertas estaban cerradas con llave y tenían echado el cerrojoOraciones de ejemplo
- That night, she made sure to double check the locks on all the windows and bolt the door.
- Anybody who reads the newspapers regularly could be forgiven for locking and bolting the front door and resolving never to set foot outside again.
- Kelley slipped off her heels with relief, locking and bolting the apartment door.
desbocarse(person)he bolted for the door
echar a correr
salir disparadoechó a correr or salió corriendo hacia la puertaOraciones de ejemplo
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Wearing traditional garb and astride a horse, her cover was blown when the beast bolted and threw her off, exposing her camera.
- Wild animals shook at the sound of the hounds; deer bolted for the hills.
- Suddenly a huge bang is heard and both horses bolt for it.
- Buddy bolted, bounding down the driveway and across the street, heading right for me.
- The tavern-master yelled at the figure bolting up the stairs.
- He then felt a strong impulse coming from his stomach and he then bolted for the nearest bathroom, however he couldn't remember where one was.
- 2 (produce seeds early)producir flores y semillas antes de tiempoOraciones de ejemplo
- By now most of your herbs have bolted to seed and should be re-planted.
- The only caveat is they have a tendency to bolt to flower and seed as days become longer in spring.
- Plants bolt quickly, too, so sow seeds in small batches every few weeks.
engullirOraciones de ejemplo
- If we bolted our food and ran down the street, we might just catch him before he went off duty, and claim a penny on the empty bottle.
- Arun seized the bowl and bolted the cold food himself, spurred both by hope and the fledgling's panting breaths.
- People under stress may also bolt their food, creating extra work for their digestive juices.
- (of cloth)Oraciones de ejemplo
- You can buy it from fabric stores that stock bolts of fabric, or you can order it from fabric books.
- The traveling merchants usually stocked bolts of cloth and sewing notions such as needle and thread and had stands on which to measure the cloth.
- Your closest quilt shop is getting new bolts of fabric in now.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda