- 1 [Anatomy/Anatomía] also large bowel intestino (masculine) grueso to move o open one's bowels hacer* de vientre, ir* de cuerpo, mover* el vientre or el intestino (River Plate area/Río de la Plata) [formal]Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The large intestine or large bowel consists of the colon and the section before the anus, the rectum.
- This misplaced tissue may be found on the ovaries, uterus, bowel, pelvis and abdomen.
- Cancer of the small bowel, the longer, thinner part of the intestines is much rarer.
- 2(bowels plural)[literary/literario] in the bowels of the earth en las entrañas de la tierraMás ejemplos en oraciones
- But what if someone stood up and admitted whatever he held deep within the bowels of his soul.
- Deep in bowels of the mansion was the epicentre of communication technology and field command.
- He would have to take it deep into the bowels of the earth, for the glorious Garland Battle was about to begin.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In Central America and Mexico, the word 'botana' means a small portion of food, olives, peanuts etc, usually served with a drink at parties, bars, or social occasions.