Traducción de bucket en español:
- 1 (container)balde (masculine) or (Spain) cubo (masculine) or (Mexico) cubeta (feminine) or (Venezuela) tobo (masculine)to kick the bucket [colloquial] [humorous] to leak like a rusty bucket [colloquial]his alibi leaks like a rusty bucketsu coartada hace agua por todas partesOraciones de ejemplo
- Sections of bamboo or plastic buckets are used to carry water from nearby streams for cooking and washing.
- He still dumps the milk in buckets and carries the buckets to the milk tank.
- The beans are poured from the buckets into smaller metal bins, and pickers are paid based on the number of bins they fill.
- 2 (bucketful) a bucket of waterun balde or (Spain) un cubo or (Mexico) una cubeta or (Venezuela) un tobo de aguato rain buckets to cry bucketsllorar a lágrima viva or [colloquial] a moco tendido
- 3 (scoop — on mechanical shovel)(— on waterwheel, dredger) cangilón (masculine)(— on digger) pala (feminine)Oraciones de ejemplo
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Too much water will make the buckets unstable and they may tip over.
- A wooden or metal wheel with paddles or buckets of some kind are attached to the outside so that when set in a watercourse it will rotate as a result of pressure from the movement of the water.
- Water pours into the top bucket at a steady rate and gives the system energy while water leaks out of each bucket at a steady rate and removes energy from the system.
- This company also makes use of quick couplers on its loaders, so the bucket can quickly be attached or removed from the loader.
- His arm was crushed by a large bucket on a digger.
- So he called his dad who brought up the tractor, and he got into the digger bucket and they maneuvered it up high into the tree and rescued her.
intransitive verb(especially British English) [colloquial]
- 1 (go fast) bucket (along) (vehicle)ir a gran velocidadOraciones de ejemplo
- The Cuban driver swung out of town, and the bus bucketed along the narrow muddy road.
- So I held on to the string, and the whistle continued and the little train bucketed along like a mad thing till I was told to let go.
- In the far off distance, a single vehicle was bucketing along the road, a brown cloud of dust boiling up behind it.
- 2it's bucketing (down)está lloviendo a cántarosOraciones de ejemplo
- Unfortunately we had reckoned without the Texas weather, which decided to bucket down with rain all morning.
- Its been bucketing it down in these parts for the last few days.
- The rain was bucketing down hard and showed no sign of letting up.
Verbos con partícula
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda