- 1 countable/numerable (spiny seedhead — small) abrojo (m), cadillo (m) (Colombia) ; (— large) erizo (masculine)Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The plant must be eliminated before the flowers ripen and form the brown prickly burrs which spread the seeds.
- He worked to make a synthetic material that duplicated the burs clinging to his wool socks.
- It produces one inch long bur-like fruits with a single seed in each bur.
- 2 countable or uncountable/numerable o no numerable (on edge of metal) rebaba (feminine)Más ejemplos en oraciones
- When done, give the wall a light sanding to knock down any burrs or ridges.
- It slices through any material (including six inches of titanium) without leaving any burrs, or rough edges.
- Use a metal file to remove any burrs and to dull the sharp cut edges.
- 3 uncountable/no numerable (in pronunciation)manera de pronunciar las erres en ciertas regionesMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The Scotch-Irish are unlikely to share speech patterns and the characteristic burr (a distinctive trilled ‘r’) with the Scots.
- Scots may lose their regional ties in becoming New Zealanders, and the accent softens or disappears apart from the Southland burr.
- The best way I know of to learn a uvular trill, sometimes called a 'burr', is by practicing gargling.
Buscar otros recursos lingüísticos
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The Lotería Nacional is a Spanish state-run lottery founded in 1812. There is an