- 1 countable/numerable (spiny seedhead — small) abrojo (masculine), cadillo (masculine) (Colombia) ; (— large) erizo (masculine)Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The plant must be eliminated before the flowers ripen and form the brown prickly burrs which spread the seeds.
- He worked to make a synthetic material that duplicated the burs clinging to his wool socks.
- It produces one inch long bur-like fruits with a single seed in each bur.
- 2 countable or uncountable/numerable o no numerable (on edge of metal) rebaba (feminine)Más ejemplos en oraciones
- When done, give the wall a light sanding to knock down any burrs or ridges.
- It slices through any material (including six inches of titanium) without leaving any burrs, or rough edges.
- Use a metal file to remove any burrs and to dull the sharp cut edges.
- 3 uncountable/no numerable (in pronunciation)manera de pronunciar las erres en ciertas regionesMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The Scotch-Irish are unlikely to share speech patterns and the characteristic burr (a distinctive trilled ‘r’) with the Scots.
- Scots may lose their regional ties in becoming New Zealanders, and the accent softens or disappears apart from the Southland burr.
- The best way I know of to learn a uvular trill, sometimes called a 'burr', is by practicing gargling.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Mossos d'Esquadra is the name of the police force of the Catalan autonomous region. It has a wide range of responsibilities but the Guardia Civil and Policía Nacional also operate in Catalonia.