Traducción de burr en español:
- 1 countable/numerable (spiny seedhead — small) abrojo (masculine), cadillo (masculine) (Colombia) ; (— large) erizo (masculine)Example sentences
- The plant must be eliminated before the flowers ripen and form the brown prickly burrs which spread the seeds.
- He worked to make a synthetic material that duplicated the burs clinging to his wool socks.
- It produces one inch long bur-like fruits with a single seed in each bur.
- 2 c and u (on edge of metal) rebaba (feminine)Example sentences
- When done, give the wall a light sanding to knock down any burrs or ridges.
- It slices through any material (including six inches of titanium) without leaving any burrs, or rough edges.
- Use a metal file to remove any burrs and to dull the sharp cut edges.
- 3 uncountable/no numerable (in pronunciation)[ manera de pronunciar las erres en ciertas regiones ]Example sentences
- The Scotch-Irish are unlikely to share speech patterns and the characteristic burr (a distinctive trilled ‘r’) with the Scots.
- Scots may lose their regional ties in becoming New Zealanders, and the accent softens or disappears apart from the Southland burr.
- The best way I know of to learn a uvular trill, sometimes called a 'burr', is by practicing gargling.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In Mexican politics, a prospective party candidate for the presidency is called a tapado. Candidates traditionally emerge from within the party but their identity is not revealed until the candidate is officially declared: they remain tapados (hidden), thus arousing a great deal of speculation. Under the rule of the