Traducción de calm en español:
adjective calmer, calmest
calmo (esp Latin America)(day)the storm died down and it became calm
sin vientocesó la tormenta y volvió la calmaOraciones de ejemplo
Oraciones de ejemplo
- In New Zealand lake water can be stored while wind power is available and used in calm weather.
- Some of these failures occur during perfectly calm weather.
- When the wind blows, it can be a fearsome proposition, yet, like all links, it is vulnerable when the weather is calm and placid.
- Even in calm seas, the waves breaking over a reef are dangerous.
- It was really nice just to follow the cliffs and look down onto a dead calm sea with a setting sun in the west giving the whole scene a nice warm glow.
- I'd do a brief but deep meditation - start by visualising a calm sea and synchronising your breath to the waves.
- 2 (not excited)(person/voice)keep calm!
calmo (esp Latin America)¡tranquilo!she remained calm throughout
¡calma!no perdió la calma en ningún momentowe'll discuss it when you feel calmerlo hablaremos cuando estés más calmadoOraciones de ejemplo
- Everyone knew her time was come, but they tried to keep calm faces for her sake.
- As I see it, it is vital that you keep calm and happy so our baby will have a chance to get off to a good start in life.
- Always behave like a duck - keep calm and unruffled on the surface but paddle like the devil underneath.
- I had a drink to calm my nervesme tomé una copa para tranquilizarme or calmarmecalm yourselftranquilízate
cálmateOraciones de ejemplo
- After eventually calming the woman down and assuring her they mean no harm they take her to shelter in a nearby house.
- Strangely, the song calmed people down and stopped them from running too far.
- They helped and calmed the victims and certainly prevented the patients from deteriorating further.
- 1 (stillness) (no plural) a (dead) calmuna calma chichathe calm before the stormOraciones de ejemplo
- There has been sunshine, hail, rain, sleet, wind and calm all within minutes of each other, but more often at the same time; a tangible oxymoron.
- For example, if you use the helium balloon with the light wind kite it will fly in that period between light winds and flat calm.
- Some people dozed during this eerie calm only to be awakened by rushing, howling winds when the back side of the hurricane struck.
- 2 uncountable (peace, tranquillity)Oraciones de ejemplo
- In some cases, the woman's fatal response occurs during a period of relative calm in the violence such as after a battering incident has already occurred.
- After a period of relative calm, things are beginning to get hectic all over again for Allison.
- For gamblers used to the relative calm of Las Vegas, the feeding frenzy in Macao can be a bit of a shock.
Verbos con partícula
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda