Traducción de carry en español:
- 1 1.1 (bear, take)(case/book)help me carry this into the hallI can't carry this, it's too heavyayúdame a llevar esto a la salashe was carrying her baby in her armsno puedo cargar con esto, pesa demasiadowe half carried, half dragged him toward the exitllevaba a su hijo en brazosI've been carrying the book around for weekslo llevamos casi a rastras hacia la salidallevo semanas con el libro a cuestasOraciones de ejemplo1.2 (have with one)
he never carries any moneyllevar encimanunca lleva dinero encimaOraciones de ejemplo1.3 (be provided with) our products carry a five-year guarantee
- The two wounded demonstrators were carried by people near them to nearby houses.
- I have a false leg now but it takes me a while to move around and carrying things is difficult.
- Sure enough, there was a white moving van and people carrying boxes to the house.
the symbol is carried on the firm's trucksnuestros productos tienen una garantía de cinco añosevery pack carries the logo of the companylos camiones tienen or llevan el símbolo de la compañíathe ships carry nuclear weaponstodos los paquetes vienen con or traen el logotipo de la compañíanowadays the word carries sinister overtoneslos buques están equipados con or dotados de armas nucleareshoy en día la palabra conlleva or tiene connotaciones siniestrasOraciones de ejemplo
- As if that's not enough to bring the whole party down, one of the politicians also carries a terrible medical secret.
- They are stubborn enough to carry their grudges a long time.
- The deeply spiritual actress makes no secret of the fact that wherever she goes she carries a small, gold amulet - a gift from her Guru in Malaysia and a potent symbol of his protection.
Oraciones de ejemplo1.4 (be pregnant with) Ver ejemplos: when I was carrying my first child
- The former lord chancellor notes that the bill carries with it the worst of unintended consequences.
- Thus, the experience of being rejected by peers carries with it a set of experiences and consequences that contribute to subsequent conduct problems.
- The process carries with it ethical implications - for example, loss of researchers' time and impairments in the quality of data collected.
cuando esperaba a mi primer hijocuando estaba embarazada or encinta de mi primer hijoOraciones de ejemplo
- But for any product carrying the Perry's brand name, the mix is vat pasteurized.
- The trains, which all carry the name Thameslink Cityflier, were expected to offer a full service by today.
- It was introduced because we identified a consumer need for a low-carbohydrate and low calorie beer that still has a taste refined enough to carry the Michelob family name.
- But first lets get an update on our baby twins who were carried by a surrogate.
- I was carrying a bigger baby than in my previous pregnancies.
- He is a good friend of the couple and is the father of the twins the woman is carrying by in vitro fertilization.
- 2 2.1 (convey) the car can carry four peopleshe was carried along by the crowdel coche tiene cabida para cuatro personasen el coche caben cuatro personasas fast as his legs would carry himfue arrastrada por la multitud2.2 (channel, transmit)tan rápido como pudoa todo lo que daba(oil/water/sewage)blood carries oxygen to all parts of the bodyoverhead cables carry 10,000 voltsla sangre lleva el oxígeno a todas las partes del cuerpothe wind carried her voice to himpor los cables aéreos pasa una corriente de 10.000 voltiosel viento le hizo llegar su vozOraciones de ejemplo2.3
(disease)foxes carry the virusser portador delos zorros son portadores del virusOraciones de ejemplo2.4to carry conviction (voice/argument/point)
- With its low-slung frame, the truck can be carried aboard military transport planes and deployed anywhere in the world.
- Tragedy struck when the transport ship carrying the 33 children crashed.
- Several lorries would be required to carry the mail which is now carried in one train.
as a witness, she doesn't carry convictionser convincentecomo testigo no es convincente or no convenceOraciones de ejemplo
- The problem also has serious implications for all who use the Scottish hills, including walkers and climbers, since some ticks carry the dangerous Lyme disease.
- Scientists say that one in every three ticks carries Lyme disease, so a decrease in tick numbers could have a significant effect on reducing the illness in humans.
- One of every five people carry a sexually transmitted disease in the United States.
- No candidate has won the popular vote without carrying Roman Catholics.
- It is impossible to conjecture what might have happened, had the Governor-General failed to carry the electorate with him at this crisis.
- He was doing everything right. Yet he lost, failing even to carry the voters who elected him twice as mayor.
- 3 3.1 (support) 3.2 (take responsibility for)(cost/blame)cargar conOraciones de ejemplo3.3 (sustain) Ver ejemplos: the lead actress carried the play
we can't afford to carry any passengersla protagonista sacó la obra adelanteno nos podemos permitir el lujo de tener gente que no produzcaOraciones de ejemplo
- Well the newspaper must carry some responsibility here.
- No faith can be defined by its fringes, but every faith must carry some responsibility for its extremists.
- The Government must carry the blame for big council tax increases.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Unfortunately the mystery is not suspenseful or for that matter interesting enough to carry the plot on it's own.
- The fans help carry the game.
- Unfortunately none of the other characters were funny enough to carry the show.
- It has long meant a story told in a hundred words: a structure as light and strong as a balloon that can carry its own weight a thousand times over.
- The entire body weight is thus carried by the thumbs and the big toe, even as the bones of the rest of the body are cracking with pain.
- For those with osteo-arthiritis, she suggests swimming and water exercises, because in the water one does not have to carry one's body weight.
- 4 (involve, entail)(responsibility)(consequences)crimes of this nature carry a high penaltytraer aparejadothis account carries 10% interesteste tipo de delito trae aparejada una pena graveeach question carries 10 pointsesta cuenta produce or da un interés del 10%the measure carries the threat of job lossescada una de las preguntas vale 10 puntosla medida encierra la amenaza de la pérdida de puestos de trabajo
- 5 (extend, continue) Ver ejemplos: if we carry this line furtherthe fighting was carried over the bordersi prolongamos esta rectanever carry a diet too farla lucha se extendió más allá de la fronterathat's carrying matters too farno hay que exagerar con los regímeneseso es llevar las cosas demasiado lejosOraciones de ejemplo
- His most influential interpreter carried his ideas further, even to the justification of regicide.
- Do you want this development to be carried forward in a people-friendly and environmentally sound manner?
- The first person to really carry forward his ideas was Philippe de la Hire.
- 6 6.1 (gain support for)(bill/motion)she carried her point6.2 (Politics) (win)hizo prevalecer su argumento(constituency/city)to carry all before oneshe arrived in Washington, carrying all before herthe new model has carried all before itllegó a Washington, arrasando con todoel nuevo modelo ha arrasado con la competenciaOraciones de ejemplo
- The decision was bitterly controversial and was carried by Republican Party majorities alone.
- The substantive motion was then voted on, and carried by a massive majority.
- If member states had agreed that the treaty could be carried by a majority vote, that would be one thing.
- 7 7.1 (stock) 7.2 (include) (Journalism)Oraciones de ejemplo
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The new deal ensures that commentary from every league and cup match can be carried by the station.
- I'll see whether any of the mainstream newspapers have carried a more detailed report.
- Each of the five stations will carry BBC World Service's news, science, music and cultural programmes.
- Online bridal stores also carry the latest styles with the most competitive and reasonable prices.
- The shop carries four exclusive cosmetic ranges.
- All of these stores carry everything you could need in organic produce and groceries.
- 9 (Mathematics) carry 1(me) llevo 1Oraciones de ejemplo
- If ever you get a sum bigger than 10, then write down the units digit of the sum and remember to carry anything over into your next pair to add.
- Then, like a line of dominoes, the nines turn into zeros as we carry one back and back.
- Write down the last digit and carry the other digit, if any, working right-to-left.
reflexive verbto carry oneself
- 1.1 (in bearing) Ver ejemplos: she carries herself well1.2 (behave)tiene buen porteshe carried herself well in a difficult situationcomportarsesupo desenvolverse bien en una situación difícilOraciones de ejemplo
- Never arrogant or boastful, they stand their ground and carry themselves with authority.
- When we lose our humor, our whole demeanor changes - our tone of voice, how we move and carry ourselves, our facial expressions.
- Their attractiveness lies not so much in their appearance as in the way they carry themselves and behave.
- sound carries further in the mountainsher voice carries wellen la montaña los sonidos llegan más lejosthe arrow carried beyond the targetsu voz tiene mucha proyecciónla flecha siguió más allá del blancoOraciones de ejemplo
- The sound of voices carried to them from the eastern side of the island.
- In the silence and still air sound carries surprisingly clearly.
- He could hear the sound of voices carrying from the inside of the room.
Verbos con partícula
- they were carried away by the excitement of the occasion
- the music carried me back to those happy days
- 1 1.1 (abduct)
- 1 1.1verb + object + adverb, verb + adverb + object (continue, maintain)
- 1.1 (perform, conduct) 1.2 (fulfill)
- 1.1 (defer, postpone) 1.2
- 1verb + object + adverb, verb + object + preposition + object (enable to survive) Ver ejemplos: it was this thought that carried us through
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Ayuda gramatical y de uso para el español:
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en India
Muy popular en Pakistán
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In some parts of Spain, the name given to a weekly open-air flea market where all kinds of items are sold is a rastro. The name El Rastro as such refers to a very big market of this type held in Madrid at weekends.