Traducción de chair en español:
- 1 1.1 (seat) silla (feminine)(armchair)sillón (masculine), butaca (feminine) (especially Spain/especialmente España) dentist's chair sillón or silla de dentista sit on/in that chair siéntate en esa silla/ese sillón have o take a chair please siéntese or tome asiento por favorExample sentences1.2
(electric chair)(American English/inglés norteamericano) [colloquial/familiar], silla (feminine) eléctrica he got sent to the chair lo mandaron a la silla eléctricaExample sentences
- Cafe tables and chairs face a bench seat below a lowered ceiling that curves for an atmospheric effect.
- Four navy blue upholstered chairs surrounded a wooden coffee table that had stacks of magazines on top.
- We ordered a dining table and four chairs and were given a delivery time of two weeks.
- In a room full of students, college professors and department chairs, nervous laughter again followed.
- By the 1920's the German historical school was on its last legs but still ensconced in the professorial chairs.
- The Smiths' gift will be used for endowed chairs, professorships and student scholarships.
- 2 2.1 (at university) cátedra (feminine) 2.2 (in meeting) presidencia (feminine) to be in/take the chair presidir comments must be made through the chair los comentarios deben hacerse a través de la presidencia 2.3 (person) presidente, (masculine, feminine)Example sentences
- The princess is the chair of the sister organization in the United Kingdom.
- Members will choose a new chair during the next meeting, scheduled for November 17th.
- ‘Mr Clark was the chair of the meeting and made a joke of this,’ Mr Morgan said.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1.1 [meeting/committee] presidir 1.2 (carry) (British English/inglés británico) llevar en or (Spain/España) a hombros he was chaired from the stadium by his fans sus fans lo sacaron en or (Spain/España) a hombros del estadio
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
The Premios Goya del cine español is the Spanish equivalent of Oscars, awarded in January every year by the AACC (Academia de las Artes y las Ciencias Cinematográficas de España). The winners receive a bust of the painter Goya.