Traducción de chair en español:
- 1 1.1 (seat)also: armchairsillón (masculine)dentist's chair
butaca (feminine) (esp Spain)sillón or silla de dentistasit on/in that chairsiéntate en esa silla/ese sillónhave or take a chair pleasesiéntese or tome asiento por favorOraciones de ejemplo1.2
also: electric chair(US) [colloquial] he got sent to the chairlo mandaron a la silla eléctricaOraciones de ejemplo
- Cafe tables and chairs face a bench seat below a lowered ceiling that curves for an atmospheric effect.
- Four navy blue upholstered chairs surrounded a wooden coffee table that had stacks of magazines on top.
- We ordered a dining table and four chairs and were given a delivery time of two weeks.
- In a room full of students, college professors and department chairs, nervous laughter again followed.
- By the 1920's the German historical school was on its last legs but still ensconced in the professorial chairs.
- The Smiths' gift will be used for endowed chairs, professorships and student scholarships.
- 2 2.1 (at university) 2.2 (in meeting) to be in/take the chair comments must be made through the chairlos comentarios deben hacerse a través de la presidenciaOraciones de ejemplo2.3 (person)
- The princess is the chair of the sister organization in the United Kingdom.
- Members will choose a new chair during the next meeting, scheduled for November 17th.
- ‘Mr Clark was the chair of the meeting and made a joke of this,’ Mr Morgan said.
presidirOraciones de ejemplo
- The meeting was chaired by the President who welcomed a full attendance of members.
- The meeting was chaired by the president, who welcomed the members.
- Tonight I'm chairing a public meeting in Hoveton on policing issues and then tomorrow morning we have Michael Howard coming to Cromer.
- 2 (carry) (British)llevar en hombroshe was chaired from the stadium by his fans
llevar a hombros (Spain)sus fans lo sacaron en hombros del estadiosus fans lo sacaron a hombros del estadio (Spain)Oraciones de ejemplo
- So magical had been his performance that he was chaired from the ground by his opponents as well as his own team-members!
- You've never seen anyone get to the victory stand so fast, even with his short-stop house-mate Ruben's failed effort to chair him up there.
- At the completion of the game, Warne lapped up yet another standing ovation from the 79,000-strong crowd, the champ responding in kind, bowing and blowing kisses to the crowd before a futile attempt to chair him off the ground.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Ayuda gramatical y de uso para el español:
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda